“Yummy!”

A Little Bite of Italy
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Surf City
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Full Service Italian Gourmet Deli and French Restaurant. Full Service Catering Available On or Off Premises, Deli & Restaurant Take Out, Homemade Pizza, Calzones, etc. Available
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have enjoyed the wonderfully prepared food since our French chef came to town! When we are having company I rely on Francis to have some wonderful food on hand that I can serve my guests. We have never been disappointed!

This season, he and his wife, have opened an intimate space to serve dinners. They have a price fixed menu and the value and quality of the meals are wonderful! It's BYOB, $35, 3 courses and yummy! There are interesting choices on the menu, several seafood dishes and at least 2 meat dishes. The pasta was homemade and delicious. Everything was fresh and wonderful.

We absolutely will be back soon...

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had the prix fixe dinner and loved it. We both had the salmon dish and were very pleased. The desserts were awesome...tiramisu, teardrop chocolate mouse and creme brulee. We would highly recommend Little Bite of Italy.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

It was a 90 plus degree day and the air conditioning was not working well. We decided to stay because the reviews were so good. It took our waiter "Duffy" 10 minutes to bring us water and we had to ask for ice - another 10 minutes. We finally ordered....the salads took another 30 minutes plus to be served and he got those wrong. (It was just 2 people).
After another ridiculously long wait we were served. We ordered classic dishes, veal parm and veal francaise. My veal francaise wasn't cooked and my husband's dinner was cold. The manager insisted because the plate was hot that the food was hot too - she then proceeded to stick her finger in his pasta and started to hand it back to him. I finally got disgusted and stood up and we left. The only thing they were good at was apologizing.

1  Thank asilver594
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We had the $35 prix fixe dinner and loved our meals. The grilled calamari was particularly memorable. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meals and the service was great. We thought the price was reasonable considering the generous appetizers and deserts.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Usually when you go to the shore in the season you expect high prices and poor quality, A Little Bite is the exception. It is a deli, a bakery and a small restaurant, seats about 24. We went on a Tuesday with out a reservation and surprisingly was not busy. There is a choice of prix fixe or an a la carte menu of sandwiches and pizza. We went prix fixe at $35 per person for 3 courses with about 5 items to choose from in each course. We started with a complimentary brushetta that was delicious. The really really fresh grilled calamari on brocoli rabe was just excellent. I had a strip steak with peppercorn sauce over spinach with a potato hash brown. My friend had a lobster crepe ( lobster ravioli) which was a little extra, but was all lobster.
The deserts were amazing, my friend had tiramasu and I had a chocolate tear drop, all made in house and all delicious. The meal came with home made bread. Personally I would have liked my peppercorn sauce a little bit more peppery and thicker, but this is just a prefererence.
Service was good, the owner's wife came by and said hello while her husband slaves away in the kitchen creating good food. It is a BYOB but there is a good selection of soft drinks and water.
This is one of my best restaurant finds and in an unlikely place.