“Great hotel for the price”
Review of Grand Summit Hotel

Grand Summit Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Summit
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The Grand Summit is a historic hotel in Summit, NJ. The rooms were not bad for the price. It looks like a nice place to have a wedding reception. The Hat Tavern in the hotel was great. The complimentary breakfast was perfect with Starbucks coffee. We though for the price it served the purpose.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Adventurerelax,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you provided us of your stay at The Grand Summit Hotel. We work very hard to produce this type of reaction from our guests, and when it is recognized it means a lot to us.

We look forward to the chance to host you again when your travels take you to the beautiful town of Summit again.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Planning an east coast wedding while living in Texas was not an easy feat. My fiancé and i knew that we wanted to make the shebang as simple for our traveling guests as possible... which meant: ceremony, reception, and accommodations all in one place. We got that and so much more with the Grand Summit. History, charm, great room rates for our guests, close to the airport, walking distance to shops, restaurants, and the train to bring you straight to the city! The majority of our wedding guests turned their 1-night trip into a week long vacation!

Jimmy and Theresa were a total breeze to deal with, and are friendly, accessible, competent, and experienced. Jimmy abetted every single concern me or my mother could possibly think of, and still managed to over deliver.

We had our ceremony in the newly renovated atrium, which, even on a rainy day... was illuminated and airy, and felt similar to being in a covered veranda. Our wedding guests also took over the beautiful lobby as well as the coach room (also recently renovated) so there was plenty of room for everyone to indulge in the decadent excess of delicious food and there was no wait at our 3, yes THREE, bars. No standing around with a cocktail in one hand, plate in the other... and no way to really enjoy either. plenty of places to sit and put your drink down while you enjoyed everything from mini cheesesteaks/pizzas/french fries to oyster shooters, shrimp and a full raw bar, and steak au poive. literally something for everyone.

The food was delicious, the service was out of this world, the staff was friendly and kind, attending to every minor detail and even offering to deliver my wedding shoes to the bridal suite and bring me back a pair of flip flops when my feet got tired! My expectations were far surpassed in every aspect. Thank you a million times over!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank corey d

Dear Corey D,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you provided us regarding your wedding day experience at The Grand Summit Hotel.

We are delighted to hear of how well our service and food product was received. We work very hard to capture this type of feedback, and when it is recognized it means so much to us.

We are also very happy to hear of your positive feedback about the renovation to our event space that has been well received by many of our clients.

It was an absolute pleasure hosting you and your family and friends, and look forward to receiving pictures from you soon.

All the best to you and your family.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I checked in a little after 11:pm on May 18th.We were informed by the very nice lady Christine that the restraunt was closed. She tolled us there was a diner near by.There was no one to help us with our bags or park our car.
We informed Christine that we would take up our bags and come back to go to the diner. We checked in giving the info for our car. When we came back down the security person Ronald Yeld at us to GET OUT OF HERE he had called the police
and the police car pulled up and they got out but did not say anything.
The older man at the desk had told the security man that one one had checked in.
The young lady had left by then. So this was the way we spent our 40th aniversary. No one on duty that night offered an apology. The security man Ron was beyond rude and Bill was rude. After we checked out we had to go look for the manager. He knew what had happend when we started to talk. We will never go
back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BeverlyCumbo
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Mrs. Cumbo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. As I mentioned when we met in my office first thing the morning following the incident, our Security Manager simply called the police to gain additional information on the owner of the car blocking the fire lane of the hotel so that we could alert you of the issue. We enjoy a very business friendly relationship with the Summit PD and simply asked for some assistance.

I apologized personally for our internal miscommunication of not realizing who the car belonged to. I have spoken with our Security Manager who has been here for over 15 years, and he assured me that he did not intend in any way to come across in the manner you have described. He was simply trying to get information he could not obtain over the phone.

I believe that my offer to bring you and your husband back to the hotel compliments of the hotel in one of our best suites was more than generous in appreciation of a mistake we acknowledged. While I was disappointed that you chose not to take me up on a very sincere offer, I do understand.

We work very hard to provide a comfortable experience for all of our guests, and from time to time, we will make mistakes. We only ask that we be judged on our response to the mistake.

Our apologies again.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I organized a group of 90 people to stay here while in town for a conference, and I can't say enough about how accommodating and helpful the staff were--even to the point of opening the breakfast buffet a half hour early the day of our departure! My attendees raved about the location, the old-school charm, the quality of the food, and the rooms. The hotel has been undergoing a room renovation, and if you get one of the renovated rooms they are fantastic, if you get one of the older rooms, they are still good--just not as 2014 tech-friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Adam B
Reviewed May 15, 2014

On May 6, 2014 my College Alumni Club held a reception at the Grand Summit. The service we received in preparing for the event was excellent. We had looked at a number of other locations in the area but the Grand Summit offered the most competitive package and pricing. The staff was very accommodating and assisted us with the planning.

The event itself was handled excellently. The staff was attentive and service was terrific. Food was plentiful and very good.

All in all we were very pleased with the Grand Summit and would most definitely return to them for future events.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I recently held my son's 1st Communion brunch at The Grand Summit Hotel. The food was absolutely delicious and the staff very attentive to our every need. Even my hard to please guests could find no fault! I highly recommend this hotel and to contact Teresa Garcia to coordinate the event. Teresa is top notch and handles all details and special requests with ease. The brunch exceeded my expectations and I would definitely look at The Grand Summit Hotel first for future events.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Cindy,

We are very excited to hear of your wonderful feedback from the First Communion Brunch you hosted with us recently for your son. It was an absolute pleasure hosting your family and friends, and we are delighted to hear that we impressed even your most discerning guests.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting future events for your friends and family at The Grand Summit Hotel.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have recently held my wedding at the Grand Summit hotel as well as stayed there. The experience by all measures, far exceeded my expectations. Theresa from the catering department was exceptional as was the entire front of the house staff. I would strongly recommend this hotel for large/small events as well as a place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Michael,

It was an absolute pleasure hosting your friends and family for your wedding day. It is experiences like this that make what we do so special. We consider ourselves fortunate to have the opportunity to host families like yours on what is one of the most important days of your life.

We thank you so much for the wonderful praise of the experience you had, and look forward to having you back at the hotel as our guest again soon.

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Summit
Hilton Short Hills
#1 of 5 in Morristown
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#1 of 4 in West Orange

Been to Grand Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!