“Old Style Class”
Review of Grand Summit Hotel

Grand Summit Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Summit
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Built in 1868, the hotel certainly does not show its age. In fact, the old-style construction gives the place a timeless quality that sits well amid a quiet neighborhood. A short walk --- or an even shorter ride in the hotel shuttle --- lands the visitor at the nearby train station, placing New York and environs within easy reach. The hotel restaurant is unpretentious, but the food is moderately priced and tasty. While a bit outside the usual ring of New York hotels, the Grand Summit is a great alternative for those with a relaxed schedule, or those who don't need to be in the heart of Manhattan in order to enjoy the greatest city on Earth.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful review of your stay with us. We work very hard to provide the kind of experience you detailed for all of our guests, and when it is recognized it means a lot to us.

We look forward to the chance to host you again when you return to the great town of Summit.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I reserved two hotel rooms for my family to stay during Super Bowl Weekend. Although Summit is a small town outside of Manhattan, it is perfectly placed between NYC and the Meadowland. The hotel is nice with a very rustic feel. The lobby is large but the fireplace and chandeliers make it warm and inviting. The restaurant downstairs reminds me of the Bar in Cheers. The staff makes you feel like long lost friends and the food is a mix between bar food and fine dining. The thing that stood out for me was the staff service. On the night of the Super Bowl, my family returned to the hotel at 1:45AM. We were all hungry and wanted to find a place to eat. Unfortunately everything was closed except a deli two miles away. We ordered the food and I started hiking to the deli. Half way there, the Hotel Van pulled up, picked me up drove to the Deli, waited and than drove me back to the hotel. It all happened because the security overheard my kids talking in the lobby and decided it was to late and to long of a walk for a guest to be taking. Ron voluntarily left the hotel to find me. A big shout out to Ron. I travel a lot and rarely have I stayed at a more unique and family service hotel like the Grand Summit!

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Tom,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you provided us from your recent stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure hosting you and your family, and I was very pleased that you had the chance to attend the Super Bowl to cheer on your hometown Seahawks while you were with us.

We hoe to have the chance to host you and your family again, if your travels takes you to the East Coast again soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I grew up in Summit, NJ and whenever I travel back to my home town I stay at the Grand Summit Hotel (aka Summit Suburban). The lobby is very inviting and on a cold day the fireplace is crackling and so welcoming. Alexandra at the front desk was wonderful during my last stay and very attentive to my questions/needs. The HAT Tavern is a great place to have a nightcap, dinner, etc. The bartenders are all awesome and knowledgeable. All in all I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear sras916,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you provided us regarding your recent stay with us. We love to welcome Summit alumni back to the hotel, and we are always thrilled when they tell us that we have done a great job maintaining the traditional hotel they grew up with.

We look forward to the chance to host you again when you return home.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed at The Grand Summit Hotel for 2 weeks. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Summit or Northern New Jersey in general. The staff were VERY friendly and helpful, and they made my stay very comfortable! The rooms are huge, I really liked them! Also, the beds were very comfortable, and breakfast buffet was amazing every morning with a good variety of food to start your day full of energy! Equipped business center and free WiFi throughout the hotel were also available which was great for me.

I also went to HAT Tavern for lunch and dinner and the food was excellent. The menu is big and there is a wide selection of dishes ad drinks for all tastes.

Everyone made my stay very comfortable and I will undoubtedly come back for a return stay when I am in New Jersey.

The Hotel is also very convenient if you want to visit NYC. I took the train 3 times to go to the City and it was a very pleasant and very quick direct ride to Penn Station. Plus the hotel offers shuttle services to attractions nearby! Don't miss the chance to visit the Short Hills mall, only 5 minutes away from the hotel. Really, the best mall; it has everything!

Thank you Grand Summit Hotel for an amazing stay!

Dear SK,

Thank you so much for providing us with such a wonderful review of your stay with us. Your review details exactly what we strive to provide to all of our guests, and we are thrilled to hear of the wonderful experience you had with us.

We look forward to hosting you again when your travel takes you to the great town of Summit again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We held our annual company kickoff at the Grand Summit Hotel on January 2, 2014 and it was fantastic. The staff catered to our every need, the grounds were immaculate, the ballroom was perfect for our employees and special guest speakers, and the food was delicious. Kudos to your staff, see you again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review of the meeting you hosted at our property. Our customers tell us that they love that the intimacy of our hotel allows them to be the focus of our staff when they host a meeting or event with us, and I was very pleased to hear that you had the same experience.

We look forward the opportunity to host your organization and again soon, and we thank you for your business.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Overall, nice hotel. Staff is very helpful. Damien and Koen were extremely helpful at the front desk; they helped me find a room that fit my preferences and help me schedule a shuttle pick-up from the airport. The breakfast that is included for hotel guests is very good as well, I look forward to coming back to this hotel again.

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such a great review of your stay with us. We work very hard to provide a comfortable experience for all of our guests, and when it is recognized it means a lot to us.

I also want to thank you for recognizing Koen and Damien who have been excellent additions to our team.

We look forward to hosting you again when your travels take you back to the Summit area.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have stayed at the Grand Summit hotel in several occasions and all I have to say about them is that it is a great place to be. A place that one can call "Home Away from Home". The staff is super nice and professional. We visited the restaurant and the staff there made us feel at home and took good care of me, my son and my daughter. It was a great experience.

Frantz Anacius

Room Tip: Corner suites are best!!