“great *romance* night away”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DeBary Inn

DeBary Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Summit B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“great *romance* night away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

I won a free nights stay here, which was to include a romance package of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. These were both waiting in the room for me when I arrived with my fiance. The room was spotless, as well as very charming. The bed was huge and very comfortable! This place was easy to be in; we sat downstairs and read for a while after we got there. We also walked around the porch outside. Due to the location, we were in walking ditance of a handful of awesome places to eat in the town (we went for Roots Steakhouse, a personal favorite!) At night, it was very quiet, and sleep was undisturbed. I like this place due to the staff being extremely friendly and willing to do anything to make your stay happy. The breakfast is included for the next morning, and ours had some home cooked baked items which was nice. Overall, I intend to come back as soon as I feel the need for a relaxing night away come on.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shopperhopper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
greater manchester england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Two mature English sisters wanted to go to New York in July and do the sights.
However, we were worried that staying in the city could be hot and noisey so we chose
Summit, New Jersey because it had a good rail link into Penn Station, it was a cab
ride from Newark Airport, and it had a good selection of places to eat.

The DeBary Inn was a 4/5 minute walk to the station and the express train only took
30 minutes into central Manhattan. The hotel had character and charm - and the Manager, Sean, had the same. We were made extremely welcome and nothing was
too much trouble for this very professional guy.

After a hard day in the city, to escape to this oasis of peace and sit out on the verandah
or in the garden, was heaven. Lovely rooms followed by a peaceful night's sleep
and a good breakfast recharged us for the next attack on Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank margaretmahon
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

Arrving after dark, we were greeted by Sean and Ringo at the front door. They were both very friendly. Felt like I was coming over to a friend's house instead of checking into a hotel. Sean offered us a beer or glass of wine and to join him on the front porch if we liked. Having driven all day, we opted to sleep instead. We were given our key and headed upstairs with the express instructions to let Sean know if we needed anything at all. The room we stayed in was a Queen. Smaller than I was expecting and we felt a bit hemmed in. Very clean and nicely decorated - though a bit modern European for my taste since it IS a Victorian B&B. The sink is in the room, toilet and shower in the bathroom. Looked like there was an ajoining door that could have opened into another room making it more of a suite. In the room there are shelves to hold towels and toiletries. Only thing I did go downstairs for was a glass so my husband could take some medication. The room had it own heating/cooling unit and we were very comfortable temp-wise. The bed was comfortable - again a smaller queen than we're used to, but nice mattress and we drifted off fairly effortlessly. The Inn is situated in an older neighborhood - quiet and perfect for weary travelers. The next morning we walked around a bit before checking out. The house is a big Victorian beauty in the middle of a neighborhood full of them. If I'd had the time I would have loved to walk up and down those streets just gawking at the houses. I would recommend this B&B to folks that want to take a moment to slow down and relax. Sit on the porch and have a beer with Sean. I know I will next time I'm there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the DeBary Inn when we came up from Maryland for a job interview I had at Seton Hall University. I have never stayed in an inn or B and B before and it completely exceeded my expectations! Beautiful, clean, comfortable, we felt right at home. Sean, the owner was gracious, friendly and accomodating to our extra requests. We also loved Ringo, the inn-dog, who was a wonderful greeter! I also loved the toiletries and the bathrobe in the room, little luxuries go far! Highly recommended to anyone, business or leisure!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

Our family spent two weeks at the DeBary Inn this May .Our stay here was so great! The hospitality was wonderful. Innkeeper Sean could not have been more friendly or helpful. The house is so warm and cozy and the front porch is a great place to relax. The rooms were charming, immaculate and well appointed. We had the most wonderful time... coffee and granola on the porch, walking into downtown Summit for dinner ( 2 block walk). Felt like home! I would highly recommend the DeBary Inn for business and pleasure.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank linda627615
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

We arrived at the Debary Inn with family in tow and a bit anxious, as our grandson was scheduled for surgery at the Overlook Hospital in two days. We were greeted by Shawn and graciously welcomed to our beautiful set of rooms. The Inn with its inviting wrap-around porch is lovely and extremely peaceful. The beds and bedding are not only luxurious, but as cozy as can be. The wireless internet is a plus for business, or in our case, to keep everyone in touch via Facebook! Everything is pristine. It could not be cleaner. Love the Tarocco shampoo and soap. The staff was so accomodating and pleasant.....they definitely alleviated some of our anxiety about the upcoming surgery by anticipating our needs.

Overlook Hospital is very nearby, as are lots of quaint and interesting shops and boutiques. The nearby pizza shop is very child-friendly and offers delicious adult entrees as well as great pizza! There is a superb steakhouse, and excellent sushi bar nearby also, not to mention a top of the line mall for a 10 minute drive.

We highly recommend the Debary Inn, would definitely return, and recommend it to friends and family for business or leisure travel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Danville, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

I recently spent two nights on business travel at the DeBary Inn. I normally stay in your traditional chain hotels while traveling, but found the DeBary Inn on TripAdvisor. What a difference. I actually enjoyed my trip!

To start with, the location is fantastic. It is a block from the very quaint town of Summit. The Inn is very easy to find and inviting. I showed up after an all day flight at around 9pm. I was greeted at the door by Ringo, the innkeepers dog. Sweetest dog ever and made me feel right at home. Sean was wonderful and also made me feel at home. My room was huge, beautiful and very clean. I had the suite at the top of the stairs and couldn't have been happier.

The real treat was the breakfast. The food and coffee are good, but I especially enjoyed having my morning coffee on the huge wrap around porch. Blue skies, birds chirping...the whole thing.

I would stay here again if I am ever within a 100 mile radius. I loved it and would like to bring my wife back for a romantic weekend.

Great job!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summit
Grand Summit Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to DeBary Inn? Share your experiences!