“Our new headquarters in Summit”
Review of DeBary Inn

DeBary Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Summit B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Our new headquarters in Summit”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We just spent 3 delightful nights at The DeBary. And we can't say enough good things about it. Ellen and her staff made our visit so comfortable that it felt like home.
As a Summit native, my trips back to my home town are always eagerly anticipated. But other accommodations used in the past have been lacking in one way or another. From this point forward The DeBary will be our headquarters.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Springfield Avenue will be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
fdebary, Guest Relations Manager at DeBary Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear George F,
Thank you, sir, for your marvelous review. Let me tell you, us here at the DeBary are more than thrilled to have our inn be your headquarters! Your kind words brought a smile to my face. Thank you for that. We here at your headquarters eagerly await your next arrival!
Warm regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Debary Inn was just what I was looking for - easy parking, easy check in and out, all the modern conveniences with tons of charm. The neighborhood was great to walk around and there were so many options for food. I would have liked to get more shopping in my walk around the town, but I was unfortnately in Summit for work, not pleasure. The Debary Inn at least made me feel like it wasn't my usual work trip. And they carry my favorite bath products - Toracco. I was sad to only stay a night and hope to get back with my husband sometime soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank joanne7691
Dear Joanne7691,
I am so glad to read that your stay was just what you were looking for! That’s what we here at the DeBary love to hear. I hope the next occasion where you find yourself in Summit you will have the chance to stay a little longer and enjoy all that our charming town has to offer.
Take care.
East Hampton, New York
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have been staying at the DeBary Inn 2 nights/week for the past 2 years. Staff is available 24/7, my room is cozy and the en suite bathroom always clean with clean towels and toiletries. The bedding is very comfortable and in true B and B fashion. The guests are always pleasant, you can talk if you want to or be to yourself and no one will bother you. Being able to charge up my electric vehicle is amazing and shows how accommodating the DeBary Inn owners have been for the guests. I love having fresh oatmeal with fresh fruit for breakfast. When I walk through the door it feels like home:)

Room Tip: Each room has it's own charm. I prefer the rooms that face the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Eric B,
We really appreciate your continued business! And cannot thank you enough for your kind words. It is always a pleasure having you here. You are one of our V.I.P. guests, and we always look forward to seeing your face two times a week!! We do try to be as accommodating as possible, so it is wonderful to see one of our most valued guests compliment us so. ☺
See you soon Eric!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2013

If I had written the review before going to bed, it would have been 5 stars. The hotel is very cute, and its location very convenient. Only 1, 2 blocks (walkable!) to the center of town with tons of restaurants and shoppes. Friendly reception, plenty of parking. However, when I went to bed, you could hear your room neighbors talking, the walls are very thin. You could also hear people walking below and above, I was glad I brought my ear plugs. The bed could use a new mattress. Also, it got very cold during the night, about 55F, and there was no heat, so getting up at 6:30AM in the morning and taking a shower was no fun! Breakfast was OK, coffee, toast, yoghurt, bananas... I am not a big breakfast eater, so no complaints. I would not recommend this hotel for a couple's trip, as it is just not very comfortable, although it looks really nice on the outside (front porch is awesome to relax!). It is OK to stay there for a night for business, including ear plugs, eye shades and an extra blanket for cold nights.

Room Tip: Stay away from the main street and book a room towards the back of the house facing the back parking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
fdebary, Guest Relations Manager at DeBary Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Danella23,
First off, let me just thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We here at the DeBary really appreciate posts from our guests, may the comments be positive or negative. I would like to address each of your complaints separately, and I will start with the first.

As for the walls.. we renovated the building, an old Victorian house, about four years ago. We rebuilt the walls with the standard 5/8" sheet rock, but we also added extra insulation layers. We apologize for any disruptive noises. Usually it is quite tranquil here, and our guests tend to be respectful and quiet.

I understand your complaints about the lack of heat, and thoroughly apologize for your experience. I would like to take the time to explain why you had the experience you described. I believe you stayed with us early September. During the first half of September, our units were set to A/C as we knew that there would still be many hot days ahead of us. In September, the temperatures in our area of New Jersey fluctuate quite greatly, with an average high of 78 degrees. Therefore, we keep the A/C on as opposed to switching to heat right away. Also, we do now keep extra blankets in all rooms for those occasionally chilly nights.

As for our complimentary breakfast, we are limited in some respects. Because we are located in a residential area, we are not able to obtain the proper license needed in order to offer a hot breakfast. Our options are healthy; two times a week we make homemade, steel cut Irish Oatmeal, which is accompanied by fresh berries and granola. The granola is homemade, too. We do provide homemade baked goods from our local Italian bakery, Natales.

I hope you have the occasion to come and stay with us here at the DeBary again.

Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My co-workers and I stayed overnight last night at the DeBary Inn before meeting with a client and all 5 of us agreed we would love to return. The Inn is quiet, charming, clean, beautifully appointed and convenient to downtown. When I was having trouble with the A/C, Mike was over in just 5 minutes and helped me get it going. And all the individual A/C units are very efficient, which was great, since we were there during the hottest weather in 20 years.

The service is really impeccable and even though the breakfast is continental, it's great quality... delicious breads, coffee cakes, muffins plus Greek yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit, etc. The staff allowed me to get some last minute documents printed off, which was critical to the success of our meeting.

I'm so glad the other 2 recommended hotels were full because we really did enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: Room 8 was large and well-lit.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michele M
Dear Michele M,
It was a pleasure to host you and your co-workers! I find it beyond terrific that you and your four co-workers enjoyed your stay so much so that you would all return! We here at the DeBary work diligently to provide the best service that we can; it is awesome to read that our hard work is appreciated. We hope that an occasion arises where you have the opportunity to stay with us again!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My review echoes an earlier one posted at this site on May 29, 2013, with some variation. The hosts were welcoming and friendly. Easy check in and out. The downstairs common area is attractive and spacious. From what I could tell, the historical charm of the house has been preserved (beautiful wood molding, wrap around porch). We were in room 8 on the 2nd floor, which was large, with a big bathroom and a four post king-sized bed. The location was quiet. The breakfast was sufficient, but nothing special. When we were there, packaged goods like bagels and cereal, yogurt, fruit and hard boiled eggs were offered. There were no freshly baked goods. Great downtown location in a serene neighborhood. My 3 star rating is due to a certain lack of attention to detail for cleanliness and sleep comfort. In my opinion, the bedding is past its prime. The mattress was rather hard and there was a hole in the blanket below the comforter. The top sheet and blanket were small for the king bed and the comforter looked dingy. My king-sized pillow was popping out of a too small standard pillow case. The bathroom door was warped and could not be fully closed. Parts of the room were dusty. The wall-to-wall carpeting was questionable. We stayed two nights. I found our stay to be a 3 star/average B&B experience. We would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Elaine B,
First off, let me apologize for the time it has taken to respond to your review. We are thankful for your criticisms, as well as praises. They are highly valued. As for our complimentary breakfast, I must admit that we are limited in some respects. We are not able to obtain the proper license to offer a hot breakfast or freshly baked goods, since we are located in a residential area. We try our best to provide healthy and fresh options for everyone; this includes homemade, steel cut Irish Oatmeal twice a week, as well as locally made granola. We also do provide homemade baked goods from our local Italian bakery, Natales.
Since your stay, we have replaced all of the blankets, comforters, and pillowcases. I do apologize for your experiences with the old bedding. I hope that an occasion arises where you find yourself in Summit again. You will find our bedding much more satisfactory!
Take care.
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before. My wife and I found the experience quite nice. The room we chose was very nicely appointed and elegant. The place has a very welcoming feeling and is quite homey. We spent one evening on the front porch and found the setting relaxing.

Being a couple of blocks from a vibrant town permits you to leave you car at the B&B and walk into town for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The staff was very welcoming but not at all overbearing, just helpful.

We would stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brian S,
Thank you for your kind words! I apologize we did not respond sooner. Your review is much appreciated. It is tough to find a balance between being too available or helpful and giving the guests their privacy. It is delightful to read that we have found and achieved that balance!
Warm regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summit
Grand Summit Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to DeBary Inn? Share your experiences!