“Excellent Service Jon! Ill be back”
Review of DeBary Inn

DeBary Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Summit B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2011

If it was not for Jon the Inn Keeper i would have and a bad stay! He was excellent in every way and made the stay fun! Barbequing for the whole house was the highlight. But dont get put in the closet! There are beautiful rooms but they were all full!

Room Tip: Get room 8. Room 11 is a closet
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
fdebary, General Manager at DeBary Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear bellfc1,

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure to have you take part in our weekly barbeques; the guests definitely make the experience worthwhile. Give me a call in advance next time you stay with us, and we will get you into one of our premium rooms. Room #11 is comfy. We look forward to seeing you again!

Regards,

Jon Fuzell (General Manager) & Mike Haley (Owner)

There are newer reviews for DeBary Inn

Reviewed February 22, 2011

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the DeBary Inn for a quick getaway for Valentines Day. We started our search on where to stay based on our desire to dine at Roots Steakhouse which was also located in Summit and within walking distance. Jon, the manager there went above and beyond trying to get us a reservation, but because of the last minute timing and weekend it was near impossible. We couldn't get into Roots but he was amazing by getting us a table at another fine place. Based on his customer service I booked the room. The morning of our stay I received a call and was told I have a table at 6:30pm at Roots! Excellent service! The room was wonderful and had a fireplace. The building was beautiful with nice touches and details, and the town is so close. Breakfast provided in the morning was also very nice to quickly get a bite to eat and be on with your day. I will be recommending to my own clients to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
fdebary, General Manager at DeBary Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Thank you for your kind words and praise. We strive to satisfy each and every customer who stay at The DeBary Inn. I'm glad you had a great Valentine's Day weekend in Summit and we hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed January 13, 2011

We did not actually spend the night at the DeBary Inn, however we had booked a room for the night of January 11, 2011. My husband was scheduled for a procedure at nearby Overlook Hospital on Jan. 12 and a snowstorm was coming into the area. In order get to the hospital we decided to stay as close as possible the night before. When I phoned on Jan. 11 I discussed our needs with, Jon, the innkeeper. He planned to park our car in the most convenient spot so we could get out in time despite the oncoming snowfall. He was thoughtful and kind in accommodating our other needs (arrival time, room needs) as they arose. However as the storm approached the physician postponed the procedure. Jon was gracious even when we finally did not make use of his services on the evening of the eleventh. We do hope to enjoy the DeBary Inn under normal circumstances. Jon's kindness brought sunshine into a stressful episode. He made our day!
We can not actually speak to the criteria of cleanliness, sleep quality and rooms but I filled them in with a 5 so Trip Advisor would accept my comments for the criteria of service, value and location.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank woodcutters

Dear Woodcutters,

Thank you for speaking so highly of our customer service at The DeBary Inn as we always enjoy helping others. I'd also like to thank you for the kind letter you mailed; I hope you will come stay with us during different circumstances as I know you'd both enjoy Summit and the other amenities at the inn. I look forward to meeting you!

Reviewed January 10, 2011

Our leadership retreat at the DeBary Inn was wonderfully well-received by all who attended. Everyone loved the Inn -- not only the individual rooms, where were very clean, well-appointed, and comfortable, but also and especially the "feel" of the Inn in general. There is a sense of calmness and peace at the DeBary Inn that contributed greatly to the success of our weekend. The unanimous consensus of our group was to return to the DeBary Inn for next year's leadership retreat. We are all very much looking forward to it!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Dear Madisonpres,

It's a great feeling knowing our guests enjoy our inn and customer service. I will definitely spread the word to my housekeeping staff and the owners as well that you enjoyed your stay and plan on returning next year. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 28, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the DeBary Inn. The accommdations were comfortable, homey and inviting. The ambience was second to none, especially as we were away from home for Christmas. The staff couldn't have been nicer and the location was perfect - walking distance into the quaint town of Summit. Even with a blizzard hitting the NE, we were taken care of night and day. There is a wide variety of rooms, definitely something for everyone. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Dear Grahamtrio,

Thank you for the generous words and positive feedback regarding our establishment. The massive snowstorm left most of us immobilized, and inside most days, but you all made it to the local spots during our worst snowstorm in years! Thank you for choosing The DeBary Inn for your holiday stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2010

I stayed at this establishment over the summer and was shocked to see the changes that have taken place since my previous visits. First, when I stay at any Inn, I look for a "personal" experience. I didn't get that, nor did I see a single person during my stay (employee or guest)? I arrived after 8pm with no innkeeper residing on site? Kitchen access was not available (locked), so I was unable to store my food/drink. The previous Inn Keeper, Sean O'Neill was readily available, helpful with the local scene, and quite personable. The rooms were clean (important) & breakfast was adequate, but I can get that at any Hilton. An impersonal experience does not a great INN stay make.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank SouthBeachBum28

Dear SouthBeachBum28,

Thank you for your review and feedback about our inn. We apologize for the experience and inconvenience during your stay at The DeBary Inn. During the course of that time we were experiencing changes in management. We do strive to give each guest a one of a kind personal experience that would leave each one wanting to return. We hope you will consider revisiting The DeBary Inn to experience the true level of service we are known for.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

Although this is a beautiful inn and conveniently located a few things are needed. I stayed here while in town for a high school reunion. My first night my friends car was blocked in in the driveway. The manager, Sean had to wake guests to find whose car had to be moved. The second night, after attending a reunion event, I was locked out. (It was 2 am). Fortunately I had the managers phone number in my cell from the 1st incident to call him to let me in. How about a sign to the guests not to block driveway and not to lock the doors at night and a emergency phone number outside on the front door.
Now about the rooms, items that are needed are drinking glasses, a full length mirror and deadbolt locks. A room safe and small refrigerator would be nice too. I bought two "sloppy joe" sandwiches to eat at the airport but one was stolen out of the kitchen refrigerator. The rooms had pop lock and I had to put a chair to block the door at night for extra safety.
I hope the owners of this inn take my suggestions because this is a great place to stay in a beautiful city.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank havefuntoday14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summit
Grand Summit Hotel
Best Western Plus Murray Hill Hotel & Suites
The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown

Been to DeBary Inn? Share your experiences!