“A wonderful gem in Summit”
Review of The Bombay Bistro

The Bombay Bistro
Ranked #21 of 70 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple
Transit: NJ Transit Morristown and Gladstone train lines stop at Summit Station. Five minute walk to restaurant.
Description: The Bombay Bistro, in Summit NJ, serves an exciting menu made up of classic and innovative regional Indian dishes, using the freshest and highest quality ingredients with spices that are blended on the premises.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I have been here twice; once for their reasonably priced lunch buffet and then dinner. My most recent visit happened to be on Valentines day, which understandably involved a long wait but it was WORTH IT!! The food is absolutely delicious and bursting with authentic flavor. There is something for everyone, as evidenced by the fact that I am a vegetarian and my husband is a meat eater. The entire staff is professional, warm and friendly and eager to answer any questions. I look forward to going back VERY SOON and OFTEN!!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were apprehensive about seeing the empty restaurant on a Saturday night, but we were not led astray by our choice. Food was inventive with welcome twists on the traditional items. In particular, we liked the okra appetizer and shrimp pan rolls. I'd stay away from the fish curry as it was too mild for our taste, but the lamb curry was heavenly. Overall, we'd definitely come back as the ambiance was better than usual for suburban NJ Indian restaurants. Our server, Hemina, was excellent and had strong recommendations that were spot on.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Excellent service. A wide variety of dishes;great for vegetarians. I am looking forward to going back. Walking distance from Grand Summit Hotel and DuBary Inn.

1  Thank Tessie73
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We've been here once for a casual lunch since they restaurant opened under it's new name. The service was excellent and they have a great buffet lunch with a variety of good quality selections. It's very convenient if you are doing some shopping in town. The restaurant is clean and the decor is inviting. We will definitely go back and plan on going to dinner there as well one night.