“Stay Away !”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Argumentative host. Poor service. Ok food.
Not worth the trip or money spent.
They do not seem to be kid friendly.
I feel they discriminate between customers.
Stay away.

3  Thank Tom A

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Don't go to this restaurant it's horrible. They dont even make the food they just heat it in the microwave. BAD FOOD and BAD SERVICE!!!

2  Thank reviewer_566
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have been to Negeen twice in the past 6 weeks, once for dinner and once for lunch. Lunch is a terrific value, with lower prices available on a selected part of their menu. Dinner offers the broader menu. Both times, huge mounds of jasmine rice appeared with my selection of entree in savory sauce in a dish. No additional food is needed for lunch and the same is also true for dinner. However, I didn't know that when I went for dinner and the $6 appetizer I had was tasty. My wife was with me for dinner and ordered a dip. We did not order any bread, which is excellent but cost $1.95. When it showed up unexpectedly on our bill, we were not pleased. I chose veal for the lunch entree and it was tasty. My lunch entree, gmniesh which I adored, cost $10. My dinner entree was a "for 2" special of 4 different types of veal, beef and chicken kabobs costing $43. I expected I would like my veal kabob best, but it was the least tasty and chicken the most. Total cost for lunch was under $13, tax and tip included. Dinner was a total of $71, tax and tip included.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

It's a very small dining room but the atmosphere is somehow nice and quiet. We went on a Saturday evening and the staff was friendly. The food was decent enough. I didn't really like my stew so I ate my husband's chicken dish made with pistachios and raisins and he ate mine. The only irritation was how the waiter encouraged us to get the hummus but didn't mention that they charge an additional $2 for the pita bread that you need in order to eat the hummus. You only discover the charge when the bill comes. The price on the menu should show $7.95, not $5.95.

2  Thank dbldecker
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Had to ask about 4 times before we got water, and already had our food for awhile before we got it. Very poor service, but great food! Watch out, they charge for everything! Hummus does not come with bread so if you ask for bread(or even if you don't ask I think they bring it) they will charge you for it. And if you ask for more bread, they will charge you double. Good food, small portions, high prices. Quiet atmosphere unless you sit next to a guy who talks all night about himself so the whole restaurant can hear(hope there won't be a second date for her sake). If you want good food go to Titos down the street!

1  Thank Emily678