“Typical Italian but good”
Review of Marco Polo

Marco Polo
Ranked #23 of 70 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

For what it's worth, my mother and her family grew up in a house next to this restaurant that once stood in what is now the parking lot. It was a restaurant even then (from the 1930s on) so I have some sentimental affection for this place. The couple of times I've eaten here have been good dining experiences. The menu is typical italian but the food is well prepared. Service is friendly and attentive. Family members in the area are loyal customers. Not a unique dining experience but a reliably good one.

1  Thank davidsfr

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This restaurant is not in the heart of downtown Summit but is one of the few places open for lunch on Sunday. Decided to give it a shot since it is supposedly a landmark. The first floor looks and feels like a diner at first impression. The booth seats are small and uncomfortable and have no springs left in them. I literally sunk into the seat a half foot. Moved to a stand alone table instead. The place is a ghost town, but we stick around anyway.

The waitress is attentive and brings us the dinner menus. I know they have lunch menus so I figured we order from the dinner menu but get the lunch portion and lunch prices instead. Nope, we're charged dinner prices. Why would someone want a dinner portion at 1 pm? Do customers have to ask for the lunch menu at lunchtime? Food was ok, just average and nothing special. They did charge us for soda refills which I thought was ridiculous. $4.00 for 2 seltzers, really?

We ordered desserts and coffees and wait and wait. Finally, the coffees are delivered 15 minutes later but the desserts are not. Apparently, more patrons arrived and waitress apologized for the delay. We wait, and wait, and 10 minutes later, desserts arrived after coffees are drank. We weren't offered refills of coffee. Is there a charge for that too?

This place is just not worth the trip.

2  Thank EscapeChick
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Marco Polo is probably the most consistent restaurant that I have ever eaten in. In 30 plus years, I have NEVER had a bad meal. I love this place because it is appropriate for families (you can corral your young kids in a booth), couples (especially when you just need a stiff drink and a plate of comfort food) and even singles (the bar is a great place to eat). The food is always good, the drinks excellent and the wait staff friendly and efficient. Marco's is a gathering place for one and all. Try Marco's. You won't regret it. Family favorites are penne with meat sauce, shrimp fra diablo, linguine and clams and steak.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We go here for Italian southern and Northern--great veal dishes--they'll make it any way you want it--they can handle a party of 12 or 16 walking in as a family easily--plenty of parking cuz Summit is always a bear to park in--burgers are good also

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I visited here during a period of London Olympic. Decos on the wall are characteristic. The pictures that Olympic game symbols of each generations painted were hanging. Salt Lake City, Torino, Atlanta, and so on. Dishes and mats to place them are just Marco Polo. That means we can see a map he had traveled in the world. Atomosphere was enjoyable for me.The meal was also good. I took lunch there with my important partners on business. I chose a sandwich Salmon fried burger, that could not be eaten in usual Japan. Size was bigger, especially salmon was thicker. Taste was so nice. I spent valuable time in the US east coast.