“Pretty good Italian food in Summit”
Review of Fiorino

Fiorino
Reserve with OpenTable
Fiorino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Springfield Ave. / Union Pl.
Transit: New Jersey Transit Train Station around the corner on Union Pl. Summit stop
Description: In the kitchen of Fiorino Ristorante only the best will do. We have a zero-tolerance policy for anything that sacrifices quality. As expert chefs, we know that the best dishes start with the best ingredients. On our menu, you will find the finest Italian inspired dishes that the area has to offer, and we have spent years perfecting each and every item on our menu so that every dish is memorable. From our housemade raviolis to our signature cocktails, everything is crafted with an absolute attention to detail. The result is a journey of sorts, where each bite will transport you to the heart of Italy, and you will constantly have to remind yourself that you are not on a farm or a vineyard in Tuscany after each subsequent, delicious bite. We invite you to come experience Fiorino for yourself, let us take you across the globe, if only for dinner.
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Looking for a decent dinner in Summit, NJ and found Fiorino based on TripAdvisor reviews. The restaurant itself is nicely decorated, service was OK (nothing amazing, server forgot to bring wine after we ordered).

Had the Panzanella salad (daily special) as appetizer, it was very tasty. Lots of fresh ingredients, good portion, not too heavy before dinner.

Had the Homemade Fusili with Brocolini and spicy sausage - was disappointed. There was definately something missing to this dish to tie it all together, no sauce. However I tasted my collegue's lamb chops and those were absolutely delicious!

The desert was their "chocolate bomb" based on recommendation from the waiter. He described it as a Tartufo but it was more like a mousse.

Overall a decent meal, would return but can't recommend the fusili as entree, try something else!

1  Thank jfbibeau

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I'm still in town on business and was tired of the average restaurants on Springfield Avenue. Fiorino was the cure for the ordinary.

Fiorino offers high-end dining, efficient service in a long cozy room. The noise level is average and I could hear the conversation fine.

The appetizers were OK - grilled prawns (3) in canneliini bean crostini and herb pesto, and prosciutto di parma with grilled pear, bruschetta and cumin-honey viniagrette. I couldn't tell what the prosciutto app was until I put my glasses on, which was a first for me. They were tasty little treats that were a nice preamble to dinner.

My colleague's entree was the broile veal chop -- which was massive -- with porcini mushroom orzo and roasted french beans. He said it was good. I had the veal scaloppine with lemon, marsala wine, capers, sun dried tomatoes and prosciutto. It was exactly what I wanted and each little bite was a delight.

Not that I had room for dessert, but he got coffee with biscotto (9, count 'em, 9 biscotti) and I had creamy pistachio gelato because they were just out of amaretto pistachio.

We had a great conversation with food to match. Dinner for 2, including 2 beers and tip came to $150, so bring your expense account credit card.

1  Thank larrybodine
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a local restaurant for us, so we visit it with some frequency on special occasions. We like it for many reasons: the ambience is lovely, sophisticated, and comfortable. Despite the fact that this is a large restaurant, the sound-proofing is terrific and it is not at all uncomfortably loud. Food is outstanding, whatever you order; service is friendly. Since we go there often, we are known and treated very well. This is an EXPENSIVE place, but well worth the tariff and comparable, we believe, to what is available in New York City.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Fiorino has wonderful food, service, and ambience. I take people from Europe there and they say it equals many NY restaurants. It is a little pricey, but definitely worth it for a special occasion.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Part of a larger group celebrating a family milestone. Appetizers were varied and fabulous, served antipasto style. The delicious bread was accompanied was served with a pesto-oil combination that was exceptionally tasty. The main courses were equally well crafted and presented, obviously with the highest quality meats and produce. The deserts were varied and all excellent. The staff is friendly and solicitous. Our needs were met promptly and often anticipated. One negative, parking isn't easy. It's onstreet. Some extra parking was to be found around the corner near the train station but if you're dining in the earlier evening hours, those spots have yet to be vacated.