“Our first visit and we will return”

Piattino - A Neighborhood Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Piattino - A Neighborhood Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 74 Restaurants in Summit
Description: Nestled in Historic Summit NJ, Piattino is serving up great Italian Fare with a modern twist, sourcing artisan ingredients from across the world and our own back yard. Our chef has crafted a menu full of new takes on classic entrees and pastas. And, our stone-fired 800° oven results in authentic Neapolitan style pizzas and sandizza's (our version of a Panini) with ingredients ranging from truffled wild mushrooms to 24 month aged prosciutto di Parma. The cocktails are made from scratch infused with house made simple syrups, fresh fruit and herbs that complement the menu along with a carefully selected wine and beer list. It is our goal to create a warm and inviting atmosphere with exceptional service for the neighborhood for years to come. We have a very large private dining area which is great for rehearsal dinners, bridal showers or any kind of business gathering. We also offer catering packages for offsite events.
Reviewed June 7, 2017

Despite a snafu with the first two bottles of wine I ordered from the "Library" selection (both corks totally disintegrated), the overall experience was very good. The food was tasty and fresh and the wine and beer selection was very good. My Seafood Fregola was delicious and the sauce had a nice little kick to it. The restaurant was gracious enough to comp our pre-dinner drinks for the inconvenience of having to choose 3 different bottles of wine before we were served one that was perfect! We will definitely return.

1  Thank mikedY1306OI
M_Papier40, Guest Relations Manager at Piattino - A Neighborhood Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Thank you for your four star review of Piattino: A Neighborhood Bistro in Summit! We’re glad you loved the Figura E Formaggio Artisan Pizza from our latest regional menu inspired by Veneto cuisine, and that you enjoyed your time celebrating Mother’s Day with us. We look forward to seeing you more often in the future!

Reviewed May 31, 2017

Even though this place certainly deserves the moniker of "upscale dining" I want to tell you that I will be coming here for pizza. The have a brick oven imported from Italy whereby they cook the crust separately and at different temps than the toppings. Wow! I must admit I did not get the pizza but was delighted that they gave me some pizza bread which just blew me away-it was sooo tasty (perfectly spiced). Therefore I have extrapolated from this small event into being very excited about my next visit which will be just for pizza ad drinks.
The inside is nicely adorned in modern style rather than the worn out typical Italian art and colors. This place pops and the long and comfortable seating at the bar was inviting for a test drive of the place without having to commit to a table.
Had the Mussels as an app and they were meaty and delicious. The sauce could be kicked up a notch but very tasty and the thick garlic bread was addictive. After I polished that off and the pizza flat breads I started on my chicken sandwich and fries. The sandwich could have been better and tastier through adding some spices but the fries were just perfect.
The service was friendly and informative (e.g. the imported pizza oven story) and there seems to be an energy there that should propel Piattino's to the 1 or 2 spot in Summit.

M_Papier40, Guest Relations Manager at Piattino - A Neighborhood Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2017

Thank you for reviewing Piattino: A Neighborhood Bistro in Summit and giving us four stars. We’re glad to hear you love our authentic décor, as well as the complimentary pizza bread provided at the beginning of each visit and Mussel appetizer. We look forward to seeing you next time so you can try some of our Stone Fired Artisan Pizzas!

Reviewed May 29, 2017

So I went back here twice since my initial review. I have to say my last two visits were MUCH better than my first. One Saturday sat at bar had some drinks and food. Enjoyed the special menu that offered foods from different regions of Italy. Had a delicious fig pizza that was really out of this world! Returned again on Mother's day, service was great and food was consistently good. I am glad that I resisted this restaurant and look forward to many more visits. There is a lot on the menu to explore!

M_Papier40, Guest Relations Manager at Piattino - A Neighborhood Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

Thank you for the 4-star review! We are so happy that you returned and that we were able to exceed your previous experiences. Our specials are great and we are glad that you enjoy what they offer. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 28, 2017

Piattino is a nice new(ish) addition to the Summit dining scene. Pleasant decor, friendly staff and solid food makes it a safe and enjoyable bet. Kid's menu is a big plus as well. They also have regional specials they rotate every few months, so you get extra choice on food and wine; which means the menu doesn't get stale or boring. Haven't tried any of the meat main courses yet ( we do like the apps and pastas very much). The meatball appetizer with herbed ricotta cheese is tasty, moist and filling.

Thank you for the review, we are so glad that you were able to come to Piattino with your children! We hope to see you again so you can try all our wonderful specials and continue to enjoy our appetizers.

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here with friends/family. We loved the decor and the menu. Started off with the meatballs that were really good. Had braised short ribs and they were very nice. Service was ok, could improve a little. Will definitely come back again.

Thank you for the review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your time with family and friends! Please do come again and let our wait staff exceed your expectations this time.