“Always dependable”

La Pastaria
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carlsbad, California
“Always dependable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The dining room can be a little noisy, but we always enjoy our meals at La Pastaria. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere like family.

• Visited February 2014

Westfield, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just so so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

The people that run this place are about as nasty and greedy as are the people working for them. The food is just okay- nothing special. For what it's worth, it's not worth it.

• Visited January 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very, very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I had a family birthday celebration on January 10th. At la Pastaria
Where I experienced a waiter whom I could not understand. My family all received their entrees while I waited almost 25 minutes for my meal. To which the waiter explained(I think ) that it takes time to prepare the grouper special. What waiter training did this guy get & from where?
My niece's vodka sauce was watery and tasteless, my sister's special meal was cold, my mothers veal special was overdone. I Must say we had 2 guys at the table who will eat just about anything who were disappointed with their meals. When I finally did get to taste my meal it was probably the best entrée served to us. I received an apology for the terrible service, where I was rewarded with a complimentary coffee & dessert. NOT ENOUGH. My best advice is to stay away....far far away from this restaurant. Hard to believe they have 2 locations! Thank goodness it is a byob, as our wine seemed the best thing we experienced at this restaurant.

Summit, New Jersey
“Always pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

LaPastaria has never been known to disappoint us. We've had gatherings following funerals there, have had team dinners for the Summit HS catered from there, have enjoyed dinners there with family from out of town, and dined there every year for Christmas Eve dinner. We can assure that dishes are prepared to be the best possible. If it is a disappointment, bring it to the attention of the management. I am confident they will make it right. Their food is excellent, and make every effort to please. They are willing to prepare specially made to order dishes, and offer a gluten free variety. We've tried Italian at other establishments in other towns, but we they don't measure up. We always return to LaPastaria.

• Visited December 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs Improving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

This restaurant is in a good location, has nice abiance. We have eaten here several times, but there is always something lacking. This time, while the waiter was attentive, there other service people were not well trained. Main courses came out of the kitchen while we were still eating appetizers. Dishes were not cleared.
While things look great on the menu, not all arrive in good shape. A friend ordered Spedini (?). The bread was hard as a rock, as tho it was a week old. Pasta with clams had big chewy, old tasting clams on top of spaghetti. Another friend had dried out chicken. This shouldn't be the case.
At previous trips we found that they would not substitute a vegetable for pasta, and while this may be nit picking, they do not refill sodas.
Obviously other reviewers have had a different experience and perhaps our menu choices were
not good, but it shouldn't matter.
Rochelle