“Small Portions”
Review of Back Yard Restaurant - CLOSED

Back Yard Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Back Yard Restaurant has been Stone Harbor's best kept secret for over 25 years. This charming restaurant serves Modern American Cuisine amongst a picturesque garden atmosphere. Dori Johannsen, who has owned this culinary delight for over 25 years, has created a dining experience that is truly unforgettable. Even more enjoyable than the scenery is the cuisine. Executive Chef, Glenn Messick, has been with The Back Yard Restaurant for over 16 years. His thoughtful attention to detail and innovative choice of ingredients can be seen in each of his delectable culinary creations.
“Small Portions”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very expensive with tiny portions. Limited menu selections. Nothing special about the food. Lovely outdoor atmosphere but this does not make up for the small portions of food. The night we ate there we stopped for hambugers on the way home because we were still hungry.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank paa9

“My summer in Stone Harbor”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've never been to the backyard restaurant before but I've heard about it from my aunt. I got there just before sundown & then everything came the life. The atmosphere was charming! And then came are food, my Lamb was so good I wanted more. My friend ordered the tuna and she said it was also very good. Ill be going back soon!!

1 Thank richb49
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where do you come from”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

On July 9th my party went to the.
BAckyard restaurant what a great place and food and service All top shelf when you dine out you don't share one entree between six people you enjoy a meal with your friends we had the same
server and she was great please go and see for yourself.

1 Thank Elizavetamal
Brooklyn, New York
“charming setting, good (not great) food”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The setting is charming, the service excellent. Oddly, we had to send back the gazpacho (a special) as it was extremely salty. Apparently the chef tasted it and agreed it was awful, some glitch in the preparation. The rest of the food was excellent, the desserts just OK

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Oats711NYC
Las Cruces, NM
“A warm but wonderful evening”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were at the beach with family for the better part of a week and decided we needed “time alone” to celebrate our anniversary. We chose the restaurant because of previous visits. In spite of the record setting heat wave, we enjoyed sitting outside under the natural foliage cover. The service was friendly, attentive and professional. I had the rack of lamb and my wife had a steak both of which were delicious and prepared exactly as ordered. The restaurant permits you to bring your own wine, which certainly makes the meal all the more reasonable. We will go back again.

• Visited July 2012