“Just alright”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

First off if you want cooked food you should call ahead and schedule a pick up time, because if you walk in expecting to pick up a meal you will most likely be waiting at least 20 minutes while it is cooked.

My wife and I shared the broiled crab cake meal, which was good with real fresh crab meat and large chunks of it, but it wasn't anything special and is not somewhere we would need to go to again.

The price was not bad, $23 for a meal, and if split makes for a pretty cheap dinner!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We discovered Back Bay last year on our trip to the Jersey Shore. We ate there 3 times in 6 days. this year we went back and again and we were pleased that there were no changes in the excellent seafood.

Our order was for a baked crab cake dinner, a baked seafood dinner (fish, stuffed shrimp, scallops) and extras of Caesar salad and lobster bisque. The crab cakes are the best I have had and my companion loved the scallops, shrimp and fish.Dinners come with cole slaw and a baked potato. Although I'm not a fan of cole slaw, Back Bay's is good. The baked potatoes are humongous and could easily be shared. We brought ours home to NY (ha!). Lobster bisque was pretty good, not many lobster chunks, and the Caesar salad good.

This was very convenient to where we were staying but is worth a trip no matter where you are in Avalon or Stone Harbor. No one should be disappointed with Back Bay Seafood. It's great!

1  Thank MarkTwainElmira
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This is always a great place to get take out seafood. While it is not cheap, it is definitely worth the money. The broiled crab cakes are delicious and so Are the fried shrimp. The potions are large enough so that if you want to save some for later you can.

1  Thank beentheredonethat888
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Several members of my family couldn't decide on what to do for dinner so we ordered take out from Back Bay Seafood. OHH WOW is it delicious! Two of us ordered 2 crabcakes and they were big and full of chunks of crab. Not too much breading which just leaves all the more room for the crab! Normally I can eat two crabcakes for dinner, but just one of these was enough and I got to enjoy the second one the next day for lunch!

The other two in our group ordered the Shrimp Stuffed entrees. The crab was overflowing on the shrimp and both who ordered it throughly enjoyed there meal.

We will definitely be back for more as this crabcake is one of the best I've ever had excluding homemade!

2  Thank Kaitlyn A
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Back Bay is a tiny hole-in-the-wall place that is only take-out. Prices are average for seafood entrees in the Stone Harbor/Avalon area...entrees in the $20's. Plan ahead...they give you a specific time to pick up your food, and sometimes that can be an hour or more from when you call. They recommend the earlier you call, the better.
Meals come with a roll, linguine/sauce or fries. The broiled scallops are outstanding.
My family and I have begun to rely on Back Bay for take-out meals because going out to eat in Stone Harbor/Avalon can be a pain. Few restaurants take reservations, and in the summer season you can really rack up the wait time at some of the more well-known places.