“Homemade pasta and a skilled chef!”
Review of Spiaggetta

Spiaggetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Spiaggetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 61 Restaurants in Stone Harbor
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Spiaggetta you're always assured of three things: fresh fish, handmade past and Italian hospitality. Special events, private banquets & rehearsal dinners
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the amazing quality of food this humble BYOB churned out for us. The chef at this restaurant knows what (s)he is doing. A delicate seafood ravioli with a sauce that perfectly complemented the dish, a halibut that was cooked exactly right with a balance of summer vegetables and a flavorful beurre blanc sauce. If you are in the area don't miss a visit to this place. It's always refreshing finding a chef who knows how to treat the ingredients right for a delicious meal without overcomplicating.

1  Thank George V

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had our eye on this restaurant for a few days due to its small, interesting mostly seafood menu. We made reservations for 7 30 and arrived about 15 minutes late and were greeted warmly by the host. We were promptly seated and the waiter immediately came over to open the bottle of wine we brought with us. We ordered an appetizer of grilled shrimp over white beans. We both thought it was a good effort but the shrimp tasted somewhat fishy and the balsamic glaze was overwhelming. We were somewhat nervous about our entrees which were both fish. Turns out they were both delicious and light and tasted very fresh. I would definitely go back again despite the misstep with the appetizer.
On another note I wil say our server, although technically a good waiter, lacked in any kind of warmth at all which was a big contrast to the host (who was possibly the owner as well). All in all it was a good xperience and we are glad we tried it.

1  Thank Lolabelle324
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Homemade pasta, attentive friendly service, excellent menu, try the bronzino! Marco the owner is as nice as they get and our total experience was wonderful. And the check does't break the bank.

1  Thank Gail M
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We made the mistake of visiting Spiaggetta on a Saturday night. It is one of the noisiest dining rooms I have been in (but that could have been weekend noise). The food is very good with Italian sized portions (small to medium). However, even the $10 salad was very small (less than what I think of as a side salad). Prices are moderate to high.

I might come back to Spiaggetta on a night when it is not busy so I could hear myself thinking. However, the problem of expensive small portions would probably not change then.

There are so many great restaurants in southern NJ that I will probably just go to one of the others instead. The Washington Inn and the Black Duck in Cape May are more reasonably priced with excellent food, reasonably sized portions and outstanding service.

1  Thank profgold
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Spiaggetta is one of the best parts of stone harbor. My family and I went to spiaggetta one night for dinner and it was one of the best meals we ever had. We had a wonderful waiter named George who was friendly and inviting and we had a great conversation with him. We got the calamari and the mussels as our appetizers. The calamari was crispy and delicious and was served with some salmon which was a nice surprise. The mussels was just as good as the calamari. For my entree I had the special with was chicken Parmesan served with penne pasta in a marinara sauce. The chicken Parmesan was the best I ever had lightly breaded and perfectly cooked. The penne was delicious as well. Finally to top it all off I had a delicious kanoli for desert.