“Great Food, Service, Friendly Atmosphere”

Quahog's Seafood Shack
Ranked #17 of 59 Restaurants in Stone Harbor
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: best seafood in Stone Harbor!
Newtown, PA
“Great Food, Service, Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Quahog's reminds me of the seafood shacks from long ago but much nicer. Husband had the Bronzino, I had the tomato crab soup with the cream base. We shared the lobster Taquitos appetizer. Delicious! I had the house salad with crab. Very good. I love the decor. Known for the BBQ Pacu Pacu Fish Ribs. Eat inside or out on the patio. Featured on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. BYOB, or they have local bottles of wine. Kids Menu. Street metered parking. Very laid back. One of those restaurants you should experience.

Visited September 2013

Bloomingdale, NJ
“The outside appearance is deceptive”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was reluctant to go in, based on how it looked outside. But it does unfold into a nice place with an outdoor area in the back. We were a party of 12 and they accommodated us easily. The seafood was very fresh and the kids had really great fried clams. We had no complaints, though it wasn't a favorite for Stone Harbor.

• Visited August 2013
Uniontown, PA
“Skip this One!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Quahogs in Stone Harbor was one of the worst restaurants we have been to in a long time. We did come right on time for lunch but wanted to avoid a large crowd. We shouldn't have bothered, the place was dark & dreary and practically empty. The waiter came fairly quickly but informed us that the cooks could not start any meals because they had not changed the oil from the day before. We had to wait at least a half and hour and the waiter who was very nice by the way (we actually felt sorry for him, because the cooks were in the kitchen cussing about changing the oil) Our waiter kept apologizing for the long wait and just when we were ready to leave offered us guacamole on the house, wow! We still should have left our meals were terrible because the oil was not hot and everything was oily & soggy, yuk!! I don't know if this was just an off day or what but we are done with this place!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mary G
Pennsylvania
“The worst!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The worst EVER! I know that dining in Stone Harbor can be pricey but this is crazy! We were 3 adults and 3 very young children. The kids entrees were I think $8. Two had chicken fingers and fries and the 3rd wanted pasta with butter and cheese. What was served was a small plate of plain pasta , no butter or cheese. I think this should have been gratis! The adults had the branzino ( very mediocre) and the pasta special. We did order a bottle of wine but didn't stay for the kid's dixie cups ( Springers was 2 blocks away). We left after paying a whopping $207 ! Way too dear for this type of fare.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank domerx4
NJ
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Quahog's was on a food network show, so my sister in law wanted to try it. Honestly, looking at it, I had my doubts. SO happy I was wrong. The staff was excellent. The food was equal parts 'down home' and interesting, but 100% delish!!! We had a truly wonderful experience and would go again in a minute! Slightly negative comments would be that the a/c didn't work that great on the night we were there and that the ambience lighting was so dark we used our cell phone flashlights to read the menu. Still would go back in a minute! Great staff, great food, that's what counts the most!

• Visited July 2013