“The worst!”

Quahog's Seafood Shack
Ranked #11 of 58 Restaurants in Stone Harbor
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: best seafood in Stone Harbor!
Pennsylvania
“The worst!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The worst EVER! I know that dining in Stone Harbor can be pricey but this is crazy! We were 3 adults and 3 very young children. The kids entrees were I think $8. Two had chicken fingers and fries and the 3rd wanted pasta with butter and cheese. What was served was a small plate of plain pasta , no butter or cheese. I think this should have been gratis! The adults had the branzino ( very mediocre) and the pasta special. We did order a bottle of wine but didn't stay for the kid's dixie cups ( Springers was 2 blocks away). We left after paying a whopping $207 ! Way too dear for this type of fare.

1 Thank domerx4

NJ
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Quahog's was on a food network show, so my sister in law wanted to try it. Honestly, looking at it, I had my doubts. SO happy I was wrong. The staff was excellent. The food was equal parts 'down home' and interesting, but 100% delish!!! We had a truly wonderful experience and would go again in a minute! Slightly negative comments would be that the a/c didn't work that great on the night we were there and that the ambience lighting was so dark we used our cell phone flashlights to read the menu. Still would go back in a minute! Great staff, great food, that's what counts the most!

• Visited July 2013
“Fresh, interesting, delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Everything we had at Quahog's was delicious. Truffle fries, ceviche, guacamole, branzino, fish ribs, clam bake, and even desserts were fresh with bold flavors. It is expensive, but worth the higher price. You can counter balance the higher food price with byob.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent, innovative fresh seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

During an extended-family vacation at a rental property in Stone Harbor, we were unable to repeat our routine tradition of a weekday lunch at Sylvester's in Avalon, because that venerable establishment has changed its hours and is now not open for lunch on weekdays. So we ended up at Quahog's in Stone Harbor. Like Sylvester's, it's a BYOB place, which means you can avoid spending two or three times the retail cost for a bottle of wine or a beer. This place is a bit more innovative in its menu selections than Sylvester's, which pretty much sticks to the tried and true traditional shore seafood items, e.g., crabcakes, crab imperial, fried flounder, fries, etc. At Quahog, items like truffle fries and tuna ceviche replace many of the more traditional choices, and there are also a few more selections for those who don't like or are allergic to seafood. We had a wonderful meal! My daughter and I shared a dozed Cape May salt oysters, which were served with the mignonette sauce--an herbal red wine vinegar mix--that I have come to prefer. We also shared the tuna ceviche, which included raw sushi-grade tuna, cilantro, onion, and watermelon, of all things. It was delicious! At first I was a bit put off that it was not served with tortilla chips or anything to "dip" into it, but after eating about half of it my daugher and I agred that it would be an absolute sin to pollute the taste of the tuna and other combined ingredients with any other flavor. The serving was healthy. I forget what everyone else had for lunch, but there were no complaints from any quarter. One word of caution: This place is open for lunch only until 2:00 PM, and they tend to interpret that a bit more strictly than some places, in that if you come in right under the 2 PM wire they're probably going to turn you away. We showed up at about 1:20 with 14 people, and at first they weren't sure they wanted to seat us. Having said that, our service was really excellent, provided by a pleasant college-age young lady who was the only waitress in the joint, and whom we rewarded with a handsome tip. All in all, it was a great mid-day meal!

West Windsor, NJ
“Aug 15”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had dinner with 6 people on Thurs Aug 15. As a summer resident I have been hear numerous times with the anticipation and hope that it will be what I expect but have come to believe that while a great idea for a local seafood spot...the execution is a best just OK. On this particular night I was looking forward to a lobster and so ordered the lobster dinner. Of course it was expensive but I was in the mood. Unfortunately, the meal was poor - lobster dry and tough and the corn on the cob also overcooked to the point of being mushy...and lukewarm. This is the second poor meal in as many visits and have no desire to return anytime soon!