“Delicious”

Jay's on Third
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Stone Harbor
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: WELCOME! Now in its 10th season, Jay's on Third has become one of Stone Harbor's premiere restaurants, offering seasonally inspired dishes from fresh, local produce, seafood & meats, cooked simply yet incorporating international influences. Bring a bottle of wine & enjoy an evening of casual, fine dining at Jay's, voted South Jersey Magazine 2010 and 2011 Best of the Shore and awarded 4 stars from The Press of Atlantic City. Jay's On Third is a great place to dine and relax, whatever the occasion may be, in a lovely seashore community and neighborhood. Attention to detail sets Jays's on Third apart. Reliability and goodness are shared in an upscale environment in a relaxing atmosphere.
Cape May County
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We dined all over and this place is definitely the best, not just in Stone Harbor but at the Jersey shore. It's worth every penny, the quality is exceptional and every dish is delicious!! Had the Jersey tomato salad, Hamachi appetizer, scallops and we shared different desserts. Delicious, wish we had more time, would have gone back.

New Jersey
“excellent asian-fusion”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was always a bit hesitant to eat at Jay's as the items on the menu can be a bit eclectic, and I have an un-adventurous husband when it comes to food. However, we decided to try it out and we were not disappointed. We started with the short-ribs which were very good and paired well with the slaw that comes on the side. Both of our meals were wonderful. My husband's pork chop was cooked to perfection and was complimented well with the bacon jam and farro. I was shocked that he ate and enjoyed this meal but it was delicious. I had the halibut which was very moist and flavorful. This is one of the best meals we have eaten and will plan to come back next summer to try other menu items. Dont be turned off by the high prices as it is BYO, as well as prices being comparable to other restaurants in the area. It is worth a visit!

• Visited August 2014
Philadelphia
“Been coming down for years!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here for years. Never a disappointment! This a BYOB so bring your own wine. I absolutely love the octopus their Jersey tomato is greatt! We always try and come back twice during our vacation to stone harbor!

• Visited July 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Night, great food!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Fun night out with a large group. Food was tasty, great selection and desert selections was delightful! Highly recommend.

New Jersey
“Great choice for "fine dining"...but...”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Went to Jays with my wife and 15 yr old daughter. Very nice ambience. They pack you in pretty tight, and the tables can feel close, but it's arranged so that the acoustics are not a problem.

The chef really knows what he's doing. Food was exceptional. A pretty diverse menu with a variety of meats and fishes. The pork chop is great. The pad Thai was good. I got the scallops...very tasty, but here's where the "but" comes in...most of the portions, especially the scallops, are pretty small. I'm not one of those who goes out to stuff my face. I appreciate good cooking and am ok with tight size portions. But I left kinda hungry. The octopus appetizer was delicious but very little octopus. Octopus is not expensive, so it's not a cost issue...the approach is very "French" and minimalist (aka small portions). If you're good with that, then this place is awesome.

The other "but" is that it's pricey and there is no kids menu, or even any simple lower cost entrees for a teenager. (Pad Thai is simplest and cheapest entree I think and it is $26 I think)

Service was very very good too. I may or may not go back. If I do, it will be without any children, and I'd probably order the pork chop cause that was a hearty size.

• Visited August 2014