“cleanest beach in southern new jersey!”
Review of Seven Mile Beach

Seven Mile Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Avalon and Stone Harbor are the two towns on this barrier island.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I love coming to this beach. It's much better than the beach in wildwood as there isn't that long walk to get to the water. There are more families that go to Stone Harbor beaches and they're so much cleaner. There is always beach patrol too. It's very close to restaurants if you want to stop for lunch.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been going to Stone Harbor/Avalon for 46 years, and I am 46 years old. To me it is the most wonderful place on earth. I get emotional about it every time I think about it, including right now. Every time I come over the 96th street bridge, a sense of calm and contentment comes over my whole body. I don't get to go nearly as much as I did in my youth, but it doesn't matter. Two days in Stone Harbor are more restful and restorative to me as a month anywhere else would be.

I hadn't had the opportunity to spend a whole week there for over 20 years when my wife surprised me for my birthday with a week at a duplex behind the Lark Motel for my birthday in mid-September, which she learned had become available on Facebook. The duplex was owned by The Lark itself- and I need to take a second to tell you about that. The Lark is owned and staffed by some of the most wonderful people you will ever meet (Thanks Denise!). They made us feel completely at home and the duplex was wonderful. We have already put down our deposit for next year and look forward to making it annual tradition.

BTW- Stone Harbor is best after Labor Day. The days are still beautiful, most of the shops and restaurants are still open, and it is so quiet and lovely. Plus, they have lots of little festivals and events to keep people coming so the weekends are great.

I would live there if I could afford to have anything close to home I have now. That is probably the only downside of Seven-Mile Beach, the Real Estate is preposterously high. I am going down for a few days in November while my wife goes to the Bahamas with her friends.

And she's jealous of me. :-)

3  Thank Floppedthenuts_AA
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Although I moved from NJ 30 yrs ago...I will always love Stone Harbor. I've been to Delaware beaches and Maryland beaches but none compare to Stone Harbor.
Not only is there fun shopping, and lots of good restaurants, but for those who love a nice beach...none compare. Love riding bikes along the flat roads and really appreciate the bike lane Stone Harbor has provided.

I now live 3 hours away in PA, but you will find me in Stone Harbor often. Who knows...if this Jersey Girl gets her wish..I will live here some day.
Enjoy....

2  Thank Beth M
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Only my second stay in Stone Harbor. I've stayed in every town on the South Jersey shore and this was probably the best, with the possible exception of Cape May. It's just nice...not crowded and very picturesque.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Although you have to pay to be on the beach, it's clean and short, and always see everyone from the Mainline!