“Absolutely perfect!”
Review of Woolverton Inn

Woolverton Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Stockton B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 29, 2008

What a special destination! My boyfriend and I stayed in the Sojourn Loft for two nights. The loft was gorgeous, well appointed, spotless and romantic. Fresh flowers on the fireside table, complimentary candles, bathrobes and bath salts were just some of the highlights! The bed was so comfortable, it's no stretch of the imagination to call it downright addictive!
The owners were friendly, helpful and gracious. We asked to feed the sheep and were treated to an amusing 20 minutes of greedy, fuzzy friends bleating at one another to get at the food. Adorable. The setting is quiet and peaceful. We felt like we might be the only people for miles.
We spent a wonderful day in New Hope, shopping and lunching.
I HIGHLY recommend this Inn for couples looking for romance in a peaceful setting!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 28, 2007

My wife and I spent two nights at the Woolverton Inn during the midweek between Christmas and New Year's Day. In terms of accommodations, hospitality and food, the inn is outstanding. We stayed in Leticia's Suite where we enjoyed not only the cozy room and fireplace but also two separate rooms comprised in the suite containing a huge spa-like jacuzzi and a separate steam shower room. How luxurious!! The breakfasts, prepared by an in-house chef, were served by the ever-friendly owner. The ambiance in the inn and the beautful grounds and farmhouse setting added to the feeling that we were indeed in a secluded world away form the hustle and bustle of our normal routines. We also enjoyed a candlelight dinner with excellent food at the Sergeantsville Inn and a lively meal at Bell's Tavern in Lambertville, a popular local favorite. All in all, a wonderful couple of days- we cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We stayed at the Woolverton Inn to celebrate a special birthday, and LOVED it! The service was impeccable. The owner was kind, very knowledgeable about sights and events in the area, and she very friendly as well. This inn is pet friendly and our special dog was treated like a princess (she was greeted with pats and treats. She was thrilled!) The grounds are breath taking, our room was very comfortable and beautifully decorated, and the experience overall was simply flawless. It is a special place and we would love to come back in the future.

Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank louisa18
Reviewed October 17, 2007

We were welcomed with lemondae & cookies by a pleasant helpful young woman.She suggested the Seargentsville Inn which was a dark quiet drive away with a rewarding meal.My husband & I enjoyed a QUIET relaxing night at the Inn. We brought a couple of old romantic movies but quickly found out we had to make our own memories. We sat out on the balcony in the chilled night air watching the brilliant moon envelop the sky. There was not a sound to be heard except for the lullaby of the crickets.
The feather bed was cozily welcoming.
Our jacuzzi did not work, but we didn't find out until about 11pm. The next morning the management quickly deducted $75 from the cost, merely at the mention of the problem, there was no stressful haggling needed! Problem solved!
Yes we WILL go back again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gpsjulie
Reviewed September 12, 2007

My husband and I went to the Woolverton Inn for our honeymoon and it was exactly what I wanted. From all the stress of the wedding it was a perfect place to relax and to just enjoy each other. Since I am a Inn Keeper myself I was soo excited to be served breakfast instead of the one serving it. We were very happy with the breakfast and what we liked the most was that we had the option to have the breakfast either in our room or we could walk over to the main house and have break.

We stayed in the coltswold cottage and loved it!! It over looked the sheep and we loved our porch which we sat out on allot!! I am also a major clean freak...and the cottage was spotless!! I would defanitley recommend this b&b to anyone!!!

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank Karen250
Reviewed August 8, 2007

My husband and I had a one-night getaway to the Woolverton Inn in late July 2007 and loved it. I had wanted to stay here for years, but it's always booked up in the fall and winter. My expectations were certainly met. The Inn is elegant in an understated way and though it appeared full, it was quiet and we rarely saw more than one or two other guests. We stayed in the Audubon cottage, with bird-theme decor (of course), which overlooked the sheep pasture. It was beautiful, quiet and very romantic. The hot breakfast served out on the veranda was delicious but so enormous we could hardly make a dent in it. The grounds are beautiful for a stroll, but best of all was just sitting in the Adirondack chairs looking out over the cornfield -- it may sound silly, but it was so peaceful and relaxing that I wished we could stay for week.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrynMawrBK
Reviewed July 26, 2007

My husband and I recently had a baby and needed some alone time. The Woolverton Inn was perfect. It was so romantic and peaceful. We really got a chance to reconnect. The breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly. They were very accomodating. I would highly recommend this B&B. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alcroh54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockton
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
#1 of 1 in Upper Black Eddy
Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn

Been to Woolverton Inn? Share your experiences!