“Meals are the Miels they once were”
Review of Lilly's Meals - CLOSED

Lilly's Meals
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 7, 2014

What a shame.. Quirky Original replaced with poor facsimile! Although they kept some of the original favorites the additions are "ho hum" and the execution falls short of the special and

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Lilly has done a great job transitioning the restaurant from Meil's to Lilly's Meals! The food is delicious and plentiful. My husband and I have been there a couple of times in recent weeks. I had a great pasta dish (so delicious I've had it both times) and my husband has enjoyed two different entrees. Desserts are wonderful and plentiful (one dessert is more than enough for two guests). The staff is very friendly and attentive. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We visited Lilly's on a Saturday morning for a late breakfast as part of a drive along the river. We were expecting Miels's so it was a little of a surprise to find it had changed hands. However, this review is based on the food and service we received, not on what the restaurant used to be like.

You have a choice of both indoor and outdoor seating - so as it was a warm and sunny 80 degrees we elected to sit outside under an umbrella. This offers a view of the main drag through Stockton and part of what serves as the High Street. The breakfast menu has a good selection of $10 egg specials as part of their farm-to-table promise, so we each ordered one of those. I went for the Applewood Bacon Omelet with sausage, pot roast and cheddar plus fries. My wife tried the 2 Poached Eggs atop thinly sliced pot roast with a creamy horseradish spread on an English muffin and served with hand cut fries. Notice the common theme of pot roast?

We thought the service was friendly and prompt, and food was OK. Not great, not bad, just kind of OK. We'd probably go back if we were in the area and try something without the pot roast!

(Note : they are also pet friendly and offer doggie drink bowls - nice touch)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

After being a 16 year loyal fan of Meils...I must say to Lillys..."DONT BOTHER!" I wanted to like it...really...but it has lost everything in the changing of the guard. Atmosphere? They got rid of it. THERE IS NO POTATO PANCAKES OR CORN FRITTERS which is what we went for. They have them on the menu and the waitress non-chalantly says..."we no longer make those." That is fine...its a new owner, but spend a few bucks and have the printer make new menus. Besides whoever is cooking could never meet the standards of Meils. The service was nice...polite. Menu lackluster. Food was mediocre at best. Paid $12 for the antipasta salad that had NO ONIONS and the the blandest balsamic vinaigrette. Chunks of CHEAP salami...horrible presentation...but large. I ate a few forkfuls but honestly was so disappointed I just wanted out of the whole thing. This was interesting...someone phoned to ask if they used local fare...the waitress didn't know and the "cook" said "ummmmm yeah, sure." just sort of pacifying the party calling. We miss you Meils!!!!!!!!

1  Thank natalie s
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I live in Lambertville and go to restaurants there often, including Lilly's main restaurant in Lambertville -- on of my top favorite places. I wasn't sure how Lilly's Meals would be based on the mixed reviews I read here, and I didn't tell the 3 other people I dined with about the reviews. We had a wonderful experience -- don't pay attention to the negative reviews! The food and service were excellent. There were many interesting options on the menu, all very reasonable. Portions were generous and had a lot of flavor. At the end of the meal, I asked everyone what they thought and the feedback was unanimous -- wonderful! And it's BYOB, which makes it even more reasonable.

1  Thank tonystorz