“Family friendly, local favorite!”
Review of Stirling Hotel

Stirling Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Stirling
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If my husband and I had to pick our 5 favorite local restaurants, this would be one of them. Their food is consistently good, their service is friendly, you can catch a game at the bar, or take the family out to dinner. They have a good beer selection, and their wings and burgers are amongst our favorite menu items. Everything on the menu is reasonably priced. The inside of the restaurant is cozy and intimate, and in the warmer weather, they have patio seating outside behind the restaurant (which you can't see from the street.) If you haven't been there, it's definitely worth a visit! Enjoy!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Stirling Hotel delights with every visit. They have a wide-range of options to choose from -- steak, fish, Mexican and good pizza. Often a wide latitude of food options means nothing is particularly good, but not here. Their soft-shell tacos are scrumptious. I particularly like when they feature scallops in the tacos. They also have, for brunch, a very delicious eggs Hollindaise for Sunday brunch. All the taste but without a heavy sauce. Oh, and their bar -- both inside and out -- are wonderful. They feature maybe a dozen tap beers inside and the choices seem to rotate. Outside is great and they have heaters to keep it warm when it gets cool. Best of all is the staff. Friendly and efficient begins to describe them. Behind the bar, they know their beers and can recommend just the right one (wines for that matter!). In short, I've been all over the world the past year and this is a real favorite!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

So, after many attempts, my wife and I finally got to go to this popular place...well worth it. This place gets it. A simple, excellent menu..with subtle twists and great craft beer....along with a fantastic, casual atmosphere. This place relly takes the classic bar scene to a nice level. Burger was great, appetizer was great. Beer was great....all things...great. Not too Long of a wait was great as well. Parking was a pain, but not a deterrent.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love this place and have been going there for over 20 years - I still go their several times a month. I absolutely love their hamburgers with the Port Wine Cheddar cheese and all the old Hotel Fixin's (blast from the past).

The atmosphere is very casual and if you like an "old west" or old time setting, this place will make you feel very comfortable. Wait staff is always great and when I've had my fill of the Port Cheddar Burger and fries for a while, the other food is also quite good. Wide variety of beer on tap and in bottles as well.

The only recommendation I would make is that they bring back their "basket of taters", basically potato wedge fries. The "Shore" fries are good too, but some of us prefer the old taters.

2  Thank Mtnmann9
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were visiting our nephew & niece in NJ and went out for dinner along with their 3 kids aged 8 and under. This was a great place for a family dinner. The kids & my husband had burgers & frys which they very much enjoyed. My niece and I had the tacos and some good margaritas. The tacos of the night were blackened chicken and loaded with lots of good toppings. My nephew ordered the ribs and liked the flavoring a lot. We finished the meal with a huge brownie ala mode shared by all and the kids practically licked the dish. The service was good & the atmosphere is comfy. Good solid meal for a nice evening with the family.

1  Thank hidey14