“Great place for an evening walk”

Waterloo Village Historic Site
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Stanhope
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I stopped in about an hour before sunset and really enjoyed walking around this historic village. I learned a few things from reading the signs and enjoyed watching the variety of birds on the ponds

2  Thank mcmike9642
"birds"
"information"
"season"

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed Waterloo Village. Authentic, informative, well-presented. The grounds, homesites and merchant sites provided excellent insight.

1  Thank MaryJane P
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Waterloo Village is a charming little village that's open for special events. In October they offered Trick or Treating through the village. We have done this event before, it was enjoyable. This year the weather was perfect, so it was quite crowded. I wish they would reopen to full function.

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to visit Waterloo since we haven't been there in years. It was a gorgeous blue sky day. We had a wonderful time just walking through the area. Nothing was open since it is still closed until May 1. We will definitely be back to see inside of some of the houses. It is nice to see that they are slowly being restored, hopefully this continues. I think it would be great for kids too. There is much to learn about the canal and the town. I attached some pictures. We were very happy we explored Waterloo and will definitely be back when it opens for a tour on a Saturday.

2  Thank 159kenb
See more reviews
Reviewed October 22, 2017

We came on a Sunday and there were only a few sites opened. We visited the canal museum and Tim did an excellent job with explaining the history of the canal. We then went on the old indian village which was the highlight for us. From what I understand, they are opened till late October and then they are closed for the season. There are some events scheduled for Oct 28 and all the sites except for the old indian village will be opened. So if you are planning to make a trip, head down on Oct 28 before they close for the season! And btw, parking is $5, cash only (but entrance to the sites are free).

1  Thank toastedbread