“A Wonderful Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bell's Mansion

Bell's Mansion
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Stanhope
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Andover, New Jersey
“A Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Although we have passed Bells Mansion countless times, we had never dined there Our son and his girlfriend gave us a very positive recommendation so we went there the next day.

We were given our choice of seating. The place is clean and well-kept, with white tablecloths. My wife ordered the fish & chips and I had a hamburger. The food was very good, with ample portions. Prices were reasonable and appropriate. Service was excellent. We were delighted with Bells Mansion and it may be come a new regular place for us.

Just as an aside, there had been some reports that BM was haunted. My son's girlfriend has a connection with those in the afterlife that still wander the earth. I realize this sound crazy but she told us the place is loaded with "people" as she calls them. The ghosts won't bother you! Enjoy!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank K2V2

Flanders, New Jersey
“Beware the final bill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

This reataurant has very good food, well prepared, nice menu selection. The service is always good therefore no problem.....wrong. When you get your check ( which has happened to me and a friend twice) they had already added the tip. The original owners never did this but they are gone. I added the tip again...they never tell you thet are adding the gratuity. So enjoy the food but check your bill.

• Visited January 2013
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“Good option in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

As a business traveller had to dine in the area sevaral times. Was very positive suprised with this restaurant suggestion. Nice building, great food and service.

• Visited January 2013
Westfield, New Jersey
“Fantastic Duck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My partner and I normally don't do a three course meal but the food here was too good to pass up. Duck+Filet cooked perfectly, good portions, good prices. Martinis were also pretty good.

Visited December 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Food.....Annoying Gratuity Stunt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have been to Bells on many occasions. I was given a gift card for Christmas and decided to go last night.

The atmosphere is very nice and the help is good.

We ordered the French Martini which was delicious. I had the Arugala Salad. My sister had the Warm Brie salad and my honey had the Ceasars Salad...all were very good.

We all had the Polenta and Seafood dish which was very tasty (lobster tails, shrimp). The portion was a good size.

We had a parfait dish of white mousse and berries for dessert which was very good.

When the check came, I gave them my gift card and a credit card. The waitress returned with the final bill to which they had added a gratuity of approximately 18%. The waitress never mentioned the gratuity and I almost gave her another 20% tip (which is our custom). Luckily my dining companion picked up on it.

I have been to my fair share of restaurants in New York City, Paris, London.....and have always been told prior to the final check that there is a gratuity added. It is very uncommon to add the gratuity to the bill for a group as small as three.

I was very disappointed because there was definitely a plan in place to double dip. I would definitely look closely at the final bill when dining at Bells Mansion.

• Visited December 2012