“Long Wait”
Review of Black Forest Inn

Black Forest Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Forest Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Stanhope
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Exit 25 off Route 80
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Went Saturday nite with 10 friends. We had a reservation for 7, was there early and had to wait 50 minutes. Drink order took 30 minutes and appetizers same. We considered leaving but one of the couples suggested we stay so to be polite, we did. Dinner was good but one person left his meal. Will not return again.

1  Thank joeydagravy

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I eat here quite often with Beef Rouladen being my favorite dish. Never had a soup here that I did not love. The potato leek soup is the best anywhere. Make sure you do not have more than 3 of these in a single month, your heart will most likely just give up on you. If you are lucky enough to be there for a buffett, the salads are all great including the cucumber salad.

Family is friendly and accommodating as is most of their service staff.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had the opportunity of enjoying a meal prepared by the Black Forest Inn owners in support of our Veterans/Wounded Warriors in New Jersey. Not only was the food outstanding but I learned that the owners of the restaurant are just wonderful, caring people.

What a great combination. I'll be sure to stop in when I am in Stanhope.

1  Thank webmavennj
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Black Forest Inn is near The Whistling Swann Inn where we stayed during our visit. The Black Forest Inn is a German restaurant with lovely decor. The service was excellent and the food absolutely delicious. We will definitely eat here again the next time we are in the area.

1  Thank hurricanekat
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went here for an anniversary dinner on a Friday night around 7:30 and got right in. The décor is wood paneled german hunting lodge. It all is clean and very well maintained. They had a buffet but we choose ala cart because neither my wife or I enjoy buffets, although this one looked really good and might get us to change our minds. We started with nice on draft german beer and hot out of the oven pretzel appetizer. We both had the jagersnitzle with mushroom cream sauce, home made spatzle, and red cabbage. Everything was wonderful. the only exception, in my opinion, was the potato pancake that came with my wife's meal. I felt it was nothing more then a hash brown, but my wife loved it anyway. Desert was vanilla ice cream with wine cooked cherries. Service was good even though they were busy. We sat near the buffet and chatted up the help. Peter at the buffet was especially friendly, and one of the chefs even stopped to give my wife the recipe for a sauce she was interested in making at home. We had a wonderful time and i can't wait until we are able to return. Total for 1 app, 2

1  Thank BigEandKenna