Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanhope
Pocono Mountains, PA
“Business Trip”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. Comfortable, clean and roomy. I was here on a week-long business trip and was very comfortable. While I chose to eat in the local restaurants (many good restaurants in the area) the kitchenette was a nice option. The front desk staff was hospitable and friendly. The manager was available and accessible. Plenty of choices for breakfast. Would definitely stay here again as well as recommend. Clean…Friendly…A+

Room Tip: Pillow on bed were not full size…they give you four, if I remember. This bothered some of my colleag...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Adam G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear arimark,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your positive comments you provided. Our staff truly takes pride in providing each and every guest with wonderful stays! We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff for their hard work by completing this online review.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here with my family and the front desk staff was phenominal and the hotel is nice with comfortable beds. I had arrived earlier in the evening but was drenched from the outside rainstorm. The clerk gave me some soup from the pantry to warm me up. My husband and daughters' flight had been canceled and they had to take a train and arrived at 5:00 AM in the morning. The same front desk person gave them a snack and water bottles and was very kind. The day staff was also very nice. The housekeeping did not make up our room at all the first day, even though I requested it twice. We had to make requests for toilet paper, soap, tissues and towels. The second day, the room was made up and only one towel was left in the whole room where clearly 4 people were staying there. Soap was in tiny little pieces and not replaced. Kitchen towels were not replaced. We did receive an apology note from the front desk saying we had been credited 1,000 points. However since housekeeping is a big part of the stay and comfort level, and a room is 10,000 points, I think half the points should have been credited back.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that does not face the highway. The front of the hotel is best for location.
Green Features: There did not seem to be any environmental practices except if you want to hang onto your dirty towels for a few days.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Laura C,

Thank you for your continued loyalty and choosing our property when you visit the Mount Olive area.

I did receive your message regarding your troubles with our housekeeping service. I want to first start off and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I could imagine, being a traveler, it is imperative that you are not being delayed or inconvenienced by your guestroom not being serviced by housekeeping in a timely manner. I have spoken with our Housekeeping Manager to examine where the disconnect happened and to ensure proper service for any future guests. I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay at our property was to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed our staff.

It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible and I apologize we fell short of that goal on your visit. We never want to see a guest leave our property unsatisfied and I would like to inform you that I’ve gone ahead and awarded you 10,000 additional points to account.

Please consider staying with us again. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing our guests with excellent service and we want to make sure you are able to experience that during your next visit.
Freeport, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here a few times over the past couple of months going back and forth from NY to PA to see family and go skiing with the kids. Each time we stayed the staff were great, rooms were clean and breakfast was good. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear JimmyMac15,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Mount Olive. Our goal is for you to have a comfortable and relaxing stay. Our entire staff is dedicated to the mission of being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the area by anticipating your needs and exceeding your expectations. We strive to provide you with service so memorable that you’ll tell stories about it!

Thank you very much for taking time to complete an online review with overall positive remarks. I will be sure to share these comments with my entire team.

Thanks again and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.
San Ramon, CA
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed several weeks here for business. The hotel is a typical Residence Inn, ok for what it is. What really makes this place worth coming back to week after week is the amazing service to staff provides.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear RNJ45,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your positive comments your provided. Our staff truly takes pride in providing each and every guest with wonderful stays! We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff for their hard work by completing this online review with high marks.

Once again, I would like to thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott in Mount Olive and we hope to see you in the near future!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2014

First stayed about 8 years ago and things have declined. The shower was mildewed ( a pet peeve) and the chalk is peeling. The sink drains very slowly and the there sometimes seems to be a shortage of hot water. The breakfasts -- no bananas, no unsweetened cereal, watery oatmeal and the worst sin of all- horrible coffee.
The air handler is in a closet at the foot of the bed and it rattles through the louvers. That is just bad design, in my opinion. And of course, half of the rooms face the freeway.
There always seem to be a lot of kids staying here. Rarely a problem, except the ones above me are apparently gymnasts - banging and thumping for hours in the evening.
That said, the people here are lovely and it may still be your best bet in the area.
Note to manager - a roll of paper towel in the kitchen would be greatly appreciated!

Room Tip: Freeway on one side, if that bothers you.
Green Features: All hotels should put in toiletry dispensers and dump the little, wasteful bottles.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear 2ta,

I would like to personally thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Chicago River North and I hope you had a safe trip home.

Our goal is for you to be extremely satisfied with your overall stay. Based off your comments provided, it is clear that we fell short of our goal. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our property. I can assure you, this is not the standard at our hotel. I will personally be addressing all of these matters with each of my department managers to ensure that this does not continue moving forward. My apologies once again the hardships you encountered.

I can further assure you that your choice in choosing our hotel over another one was not an error and I certainly hope that you will allow us another chance to reprieve our mistakes and let us serve you again in the near future and keep you coming back to our hotel. Your business is never taken for granted at our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit to our hotel, so that I can personally ensure your complete satisfaction with our hotel. If you need to speak with me for any reason, please feel free to call me directly at 973-691-1720 ext 4905. We look forward to being of better service to you in the future.
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have stayed at this property eight times over the past few years while visiting our grandkids and it is always excellent. We are greeted by Celma at checkin and she always remembers us. She is so helpful and friendly. A wonderful asset to the hotel!. Being platium members, we usually get upgraded to a two bedroom suite which works great with our two grandkids. The room is always clean and is nicely setup with a full kitchen area, a nice fireplace along with the living area and two bedrooms and baths. The pool area is wonderful for the kids and their breakfasts very tasty.
The only issue is the $100 pet charge for having our dog stay with us. We feel this is a bit expensive for a two night stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a two bedroom suite with a fireplace.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Mr. Tom B,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your positive comments on the review you posted. Our staff truly takes pride in providing each and every guest with wonderful stays! We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff for their hard work by completing this review. I will be sure to share these comments with Celma, as well as the rest of my staff.

In regards to the Pet Fee, this unfortunately is a requirement, as this $100 goes to an outside company to specially clean the room for future guests that may have allergies to pet or dog hair. Given your high status with Marriott Rewards, I would be more than happy to offer you some additional bonus points for this inconvenience of the charge.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I frequently stay at the Residence Inn in Mt Olive, NJ, at least once per month, and lately, due to family illness, even more frequently. I've been a customer there since it opened and always had a great stay, especially with the indoor pool. A few months ago, the quality of cleanliness, service, and general operations had declined significantly, and I let management know. Since that time, the staff, management, regional management, and everyone involved with the facility have gone out of their way to restore my satisfaction. I am met when I arrive as if I am family, greeted by name, thanked for returning. The cleanliness of the hotel has improved dramatically, friendliness of the staff, from housekeeping to catering to maintenance, is very outgoing and polite. I've noticed that most guests are smiling. Kudos to the front desk staff: Emily and Courtney for exhibiting the "Marriott" approach that discerning customers like me expect--both deserve performance awards! Points were awarded to my Marriott account to help offset previous poor experiences, and then as reward for returning! It seems the hotel is getting the renovations it deserves. This hotel did everything right to remedy a few bad experiences and turn it around: I will continue to make this hotel my choice when in the area--it's like coming home after a long drive! Thanks, Emily, Courtney, and Adam!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th/top floor, so you don't run the risk of noise from above. Grab a fresh co...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ResidenceInnTeam, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Mrs. Courbron,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your kind words that your provided in your post. Our staff truly takes pride in providing each and every guest with wonderful stays! Where we aim and strive for this perfection routinely, sometimes it falls short. I appreciate you allowing us to regain your loyalty. Success is never finalized and neither are we. We will continue to look for ways to improve our operation to meet the needs of every guest we encounter. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff for their hard work by completing this review. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanhope
Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta
Days Inn Budd Lake
Days Inn Budd Lake
#4 of 4 in Budd Lake

Been to Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center? Share your experiences!