We stayed at the Residence Inn Mt Olive for over a week (we had to stay in town for family reasons) and found it to be dirty and poorly maintained. When we arrived, we noticed the room was smelly from dirt and stale fabric and that all the surfaces (handles, light switches, etc...) had dust and black grime somewhere on it. The walls had tons of splatters. We purchased febreeze, lysol disinfecting wipes and bleach and I cleaned the room top to bottom - removing what seamed like years of filth from some crevices and surfaces that looked as if they had never been cleaned, ever. The air intake vent in the living room for example, was CAKED in dust and grime. Gross. There were rips in the cushions in our room and in the lobby. We paid so much for our suite that it just really surprised us how grungy it was.
The front desk staff was friendly but the management seemed very rigid to us considering how long we were staying. Some of the house cleaning staff tried to accommodate but generally, the cleaning seemed to consist of spreading very heavy deodorant around the room. We choked every time we walked back in the room after it was 'cleaned'. One time, housekeeping knocked on our door to make up our room at 4 pm. We asked for 5 minutes so that we could vacate the room, but the housekeepers said: "we have to clean it right now because our ride gets here at 4 pm" - Really?
There's a sign on the lobby wall listing the corporation that owns the facility and another that manages it. It seemed pretty clear to us that corporate-owned and corporate-managed means that no one really cares about the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly-renovated Residence Inn Mount Olive offers apartment-style suites adjacent to the International Trade Center. Featuring the comforts of home, guests will enjoy spacious suites with fully-equipped kitchens, separate living/dining areas, flat-screen TVs and free WiFi. Our Mt. Olive hotel is highlighted by a new lobby that encourages our guests to socialize at our free weekday evening social or conduct impromptu work sessions at the communal table. Travelers appreciate our onsite amenities including indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center and outdoor Sport Court. Enjoy the ideal combination of location and comfort at the Residence Inn Mount Olive hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Mt. Olive At International Trade Hotel Stanhope
- Residence Inn Mount Olive
- Mount Olive Residence Inn