“Good BBQ in Nor Jersey”
Review of Down to the Bone BBQ & Co. - CLOSED

Down to the Bone BBQ & Co.
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
North Jersey
“Good BBQ in Nor Jersey”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I recently took two business associates here for dinner. I had driven past it a few times but had never been inspired to enter. One of my guys was staying at a nearby hotle so I decided to try it out.
It was a nice early evening so we decided to sit outside and enjoy the view of the lake. As I walked through the restaurant to get to the deck, I noticed that it was not what I expected inside. I had expected dark, cheap typical bar bbq. Instead, I was surprised to say the interior was very nice - not dark at all.
We ordered wings, fries, and steamers as appetizers and Memphis ribs and brisket for entrees. The steamers were great. The wings were not typical hot wings. They were full wings and were cooked so that the meat was flavorful without the bbq sauce that covered them (which was tasty). I liked them. The fries were good - hard to mess up fries. The ribs were meaty and pulled off the bone easily. They use their won sauce which was nice. We had mixed opinions on the brisket. While I liked it, some thought the slices were too thick.
The service was adequate - the waiter was new and was still learning the menu but put up with our banter pretty well.
The view of Lake Lakawanna was nice even with the occasional load motor boat.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank NorJerseyDad

Telford, PA
“Just Okay”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Location is beautiful. Sit out on the porch to overlook the lake. Ribs were fantastic. Chicken was dry. Salad was not fresh. Craft beers are excellent.

Visited August 2012
jmcgrath1982, Manager at Down to the Bone BBQ & Co., responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Hi Luanne,
Thanks for the review. We are always happy to hear from our customers. Next time you are in, please let us know. We want to ensure that every customer leaves with a smile on their face, so if you have any issues with any of the food or service, please let us know while you are in the restaurant! We hope you will come back again! :)

Thanks!
Stanhope, New Jersey
“Excellent BBQ experience, nice outdoor seating.”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I like how the meats come out void of BBQ sauce. You have to add it yourself, and they bring plenty of it in sealed bottles The sauce is their own recipe and it is certainly delicious. Their Brisket was my favorite, but the St. Louis ribs were also very savory once I put the sauce on them. Skip the BBQ tips appy. The other ones, like the Spitfire Chili stix are extremely tasty! The food here is NOThealthy, but the fire grille vegetable medley was REALLY good as a side if you are trying to avoid 8000 calories. We got more meat on the Meat Feast platter for two than we could eat in two days. And it's all you can eat for 25 dollars right now. Good prices, plus kids 5 and under eat free, which is a huge thing for my 5 year old who loves to pound corn on the cob and ribs! Sit out on the back deck for a nice view of the sun setting behind the lake. Good times, great food and our server was EXCELLENT!!!!

New Jersey
“On the Water - Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Nice location on the water. Place is expanding with a separated air conditioned room. Alsoahas a deck with outside seating. We sat in the air conditioned room as it was kind of muggy that night. The food an service was outstanding. I didn't rate this 5-stars as I thought the quantity of hte House Salad was small---just a few pieces of letuce and 2 tomatoes! How much can salad cost, that hey can't give you more. Pleasant surprise was that they give you free corn-bread. The main course was very tasty, but again, I thought the portions were small. I had the Mango Chicken and they could have included more strips of chicken. They fill up the plate with large portions of veggies and rice. It would be nice if they also had beef ribs,
If trip Advisor had 1/2 stars, I would rate this establishment 4 1/2 stars.

North NJ
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The wings were the best! Ribs were good, so was the pulled pork. The restaurant itself has a nice atmosphere for a bbq place. The menu is huge, something for everyone. The bar is positioned so that you can see the lake, nice views.