“Needs to Improve Service”
Review of Down to the Bone BBQ & Co. - CLOSED

Down to the Bone BBQ & Co.
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I always like to try new restaurants in the area, and when this one opened and got great reviews, I thought why not. I would have given this place 3 stars since the food was just okay (ribs a little dry, stuffed potato too fishy, but Capt’n Crunch chicken fingers great). And the waitress was inexperienced and not trained properly (she didn’t know what salad dressings they had or the types of beer and didn’t check up on us regarding refilling drinks and such). Okay, so they have to work the kinks out, no problem.

But why I give it one star is because since we were seated outside (nice view), I asked my daughter to go inside and ask our waitress to bring our soup out before the main course. It seemed that it was taking forever for each course. She found our waitress standing just inside the door doing nothing. And inside was not busy at all. And the soup came out with the dinner anyway some ten minutes later.

The owner came to our table later on asked how everything was and said that they had a terrific dessert menu with 14 items and we should try it. We decided to. There were three of us in our party and ordered three separate items, and guess what; they were out of those three items. You have to be kidding me. We didn’t order coffee.

Not going back.

jmcgrath1982, Manager at Down to the Bone BBQ & Co., responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Hi Dan,
We hope you will come back and dine with us again soon, now that we have worked out a lot of the kinks we were working out after our grand opening!

Thanks!

There are newer reviews for Down to the Bone BBQ & Co.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Down To The Bone just opened recently near us and we went for dinner one night. The menu is very good. We ordered the wings with the cilantro/lime dipping sauce as an appetizer and I think that they were the best wings that I have ever had. That's saying a lot because I love wings and try them everywhere.

They are still working out some new restaurant growing pains - the last time were were there the salads came out without the dressing and the chili had no avocado but that's just picky stuff and will get better once they settle in. The food is very good.

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

We got great reviews about this restaurant that just opened and we had to try it out! So glad we did! Wide variety of food but specialize in awesome barbecue with smokers on site. Seating is comfortable with tables outside along the lake. Our waitress was very attentive and drinks were tasty!