“Very nice restored property”
Review of Whistling Swan Inn

Whistling Swan Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Stanhope B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is one of Select Registry's less modern affiliates, but it has a nice charm to it. The hosts are gracious and make sure there are plenty of small touches at hand. The inn is located in town making it an easy walk to dinner at some very good restaurants. Overall, it is a great value and a nice property on which to relax.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Had a great night at the Whistling Swan in Stanhope. Bell's Mansion is a short walk away and is a great spot for a bite and feels rich with history (folks say it's got ghosts!). The Stanhope Road House (that's right Road House) is also right down the street where you can catch a great Blues Show on Saturday night and plug into a bygone form of entertainment.

Breakfast on Sunday morning was excellent. Eggs Florentine, Croissant French Toast casserole, Apple Crisps, Banana Bread. Awesome. Roz loves to keep you fed.

DVR library has pretty broad selection and there are DVRs in all the rooms. A nice touch. We caught One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Winter's Bone while relaxing in room.

When I first tried to book here through Expedia last-minute I had a problem, but booking direct or with a few days lead time, you should be good to go. Highly recommended as a getaway for New Yorkers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
47Ros, Owner at Whistling Swan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you both at the Inn, and I'm glad you gave us another chance to demonstrate our quality service and hospitality. Thank you so much for the kind words.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My daughter's baby shower was recently hosted by Ros at The Whistling Swan Inn, Stanhope, NJ. What an absolute delight it was for everyone! Special attention was given to every detail and the parlor area was the perfect size for our 20 guests. From the mimosas to the shrimp and dill tea sandwiches to the sweet ending of red velvet cake....every bite was delicious and served by the sweetest server! All went perfectly smooth and the lush accommodations upstairs for travelling guests couldn't have been better. If you are hosting a small party or intimate gathering I HIGHLY recommend this inn.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to the deep soaking tub! But any room you choose I will bet you will love....one room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I'm so glad we were able to make your daughter's baby shower such a joyous event. You were a most convivial group, and it was wonderful hearing you all enjoying yourselves so much. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were here in October of 2012 celebrating our 20th Anniversary. My sister got us a Gift Certificate for this place. We had such a nice time. It wasn't too far from home but yet far enough away from all the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. For my husband, I had Roz get us a bottle of wine and some cheese and crackers upon our arrival. My husband had ordered flowers for me upon our arrival as well. We were showed to our rooms and never left until the following morning. Roz and her husband made the best breakfasts every morning. They were delicious. We went to the Long Valley Creamery for a Cheese tour. That was a very fun thing to do. The Restaurant called Mansion on the Hill was wonderful. Would most certainly recommend this place to a friend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The old Victorian house on Main Street in Stanhope N.J. greets you with a wrap around porch . My room was on the third floor , private with a huge slip tub . The bed comfortable making the entire stay and experience peaceful and relaxing . The Whistling Swan is in walking distance to downtown Stanhope and the train station the next town over . The Stanhope House down the street host's a variety of great music and casual atmosphere . There are hiking trails, history and horseback riding to explore very close to the Inn . The Whistling Swan also provides free bikes to use to get around town . The Inn keeper and staff extremely friendly and helpful . The room had free wifi connection and plenty of natural light . The breakfast the next day held me the rest of the day in travels 's with fresh blueberry pancakes , quiche and abundance of fresh fruit . Large varieties of tea and coffee were also available any time of day or evening . If your a foodie this is your place to stay . I stayed only for one day in the winter , the fireplace in the room and just general feeling of the Whistling Swan made it a home away from home . I will be back for sure feeling the prices for the room and complete experience very well worth it .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
47Ros, Owner at Whistling Swan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm so glad you had a relaxing and fun stay at the Inn. We'll look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in town.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed one night in Walnut Valley room with jacuzzi and fireplace. Was quiet, romantic, clean and very homey. Bed was very comfortable. Decor in all bedrooms were beautifully done. Suites were nice size, rooms much smaller but cozy. Innkeepers were friendly and professional. Highly recommend and will definitely go again. Had dinner at Ron's Landmark nearby. Good italian food, nice portions.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are on small side. My opinion, suites are more comfortable for couple, but all rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

It was wonderful having you both as my guests, and I'm glad you enjoyed the Walnut Valley suite, which is one of my favorite rooms. I'll look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed three nights in the High Point suite. The rooms all have amazing character (I can't wait to come back and try some new ones) and are very comfortable. The breakfasts are lovely, the amenities are fantastic, and the staff is very helpful. I decided to splurge on a massage my first full day here, and the masseuse, Susan Crozier, was so skilled and friendly and just plain amazing that I booked her for a second massage the next day, too. It was the perfect complement to a wonderfully relaxing mini-vacation. I can't recommend the inn (or Susan!) highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanhope
Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Super 8 Budd Lake
Super 8 Budd Lake
#1 of 4 in Budd Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area

Been to Whistling Swan Inn? Share your experiences!