“Never Disappointed”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
New York City, New York
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I go to Sophia's on a regular basis and have found the food to be very good and great service.
I will tell you that by far my favorite meal is the chicken oreganato. I am not sure why it is not on the menu, but every time I have been there it is a special which indeed it is. I just love it and can't resist it. Also for an appetizer have the calamari and for dessert the cheesecake and you will always be happy

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank wovsaniker

Kdoll08
“Italian home cooking in downtown Springfield”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The stuffed sole with crabmeat is the Best I've ever eaten. Great appetizers and large portions are found at Sofia's. This is a BYOB, and the liquor store is next door if needed. Weekends this place is completely booked. Plan to wait a little while for a table and you won't be disappointed. Best restaurant in all of Springfield hands down!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank KEN H
Springfield, New Jersey
“Great Italian, a bit pricey”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Sophia's is a small restaurant on a busy Main Street, but walking inside the ambiance is very lovely with nice tables and an elegant air. The diners were all dressed smartly and the servers were professional. Most importantly, the food was very well made. We had two pasta dishes and a side. Their style of Italian seemed to be delicate on the sauce, but still quite flavorful and very fresh. I guess our only disappointment was the spinach ravioli dish was small, probably only half a dozen raviolis, which is a shame because it was very tasty. Luckily my bolognese was plentiful as was the side, so we did not go home hungry. My only last note is the price is high enough that it not going to be a regular stop - its not a bargain - but it is a great choice for a nice dinner out.

• Visited June 2013