“Don't waste your time or money here.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of scotty's steak house

scotty's steak house
Ranked #37 of 52 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Madison, New Jersey
“Don't waste your time or money here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I really have nothing good to say about this joint except that the staff is friendly. This place needs a "Bar Rescue" Big Time! The decor is dated, dingy and in need of maintenance. The carpet is worn, the wooden floor in the atrium is buckled and has been since I was here about 2 years ago. Ceiling tiles are popped out. Basically, the place is a dump. I can pnly imagine what it looks like behind the scenes!
I had the Delmonico steak. I asked for medium rare, I got well done. The rice pilaf was a step down from Rice-a-Roni, mushy, overcooked and tasteless, the seasonal vegetables were just barely edible. My date ordered a steak salad, medium rare and her steak was also well done. She had worked there about 10 years ago and was sorry to see how far down hill the place has gone. This place is on my "X" List, meaning, I'll never go here again!

• Visited July 2013

Bedminster, New Jersey
“Great comedy show, horrible food/restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place should close - the comedy show is decent, but it can survive on it's own with just a drink minimum. The food is beyond horrible. You cannot call this place a steak house - I ordered a medium steak and it came beyond well done. My husband had a rack of ribs and it looked like it was cooked 3 weeks ago & just heated up for our dinner. Will not be returning here & cannot recommend anyone else come here for food. Service stinks too.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank YayeMama
Millburn, NJ
“Not a fan!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Have never been impressed with the food at Scotties. They only reason I come back are the HUGE old school mugs you can get your beers in.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kyle H
Wayne, New Jersey
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Blow this place up!!!! Place is disgusting with dirty worn carpets and dirty eating environment. Food and service is horrible. This place could be a winner with a big investment but this place has been a dump for the last 20 years.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank NYSEski
Belleville, New Jersey
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

We decided to try someplace new for Mother's Day. I called for a reservation the day before, was put on hold for 6 minutes, then told to call back 15 minutes later which was my first mistake. I did make a reservation and was asked for a credit card to hold it and that it would be charged if we did not show up. Second mistake. We arrived on time to a restaurant which had only a few tables occupied. The food was average (buffet), our waitress was difficult to find (maybe the 20% which was already tacked on to the bill had something to do with it), the ladies room on the dining floor was out of order (there was one available up a flight of stairs), the 20% tip was added to the drinks we ordered rather than just the buffet which the menu stated, our waitress did not inform us of drink specials. Needless to say we will not return.

• Visited May 2012