“Good Mexican Food”

Jose's Mexican food
Ranked #13 of 29 Restaurants in Spring Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Went here after reviews, we only tried the chicken burrito, it was good but some of the ingredients were off. For example, the cheddar cheese in the burrito does not melt well coupled with lots of lettuce, the flavors were a bit off. The fresh pico for the chips was very good. The owner was friendly and the place was packed. I believe this is one of the few mexican eateries in the area but I am on the look out. Also, I wish the burrito came with some sides and not just a dollop of guac and sour cream!

1  Thank chachibean

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I went early, as I was by myself. I do like this new location much better than their old location. There are tables on the wrap around porch, and a live musician was playing when I was there on a weeknight. The food was well prepared, and the menu was nicely varied.

1  Thank nlpNorthernNJ
Reviewed June 6, 2012

we were babysitting our grandson and we are always looking for child friendly places and Jose's is certainly that. The place is fairly small but service was quick and efficient. My wife enjoyed her meal very much, but I ordered incorrectly, but still it was good.

1  Thank johnson1165
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I read so many great reviews on this place we just had to try it out. Even as I left the spa I had visited I asked them about Jose's & they said it was amazing. Yes, like everyone says the place is a dive but the food was great! It was worth getting lost trying to find it! :)

Reviewed April 29, 2012

The food at Jose's is a;ways outstanding, the portions big, and you can't beat their prices. We stop here all the time