“They are great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
New Jersey
“They are great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

I was greeted so kindly they carried my bags and called a resevation to eat for me all I had to do was relax! The rooms were excellent and the grounds beautiful. I loved it from the minute I walked in the front door.

• Liked — the 42
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mom2191

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Prescott
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2007

We just spent 3 nights at the Chateau Inn and Suites in Spring Lake. The Inn was charming, the surrounding parks green and beautiful. The room was large, warm, beautifully decorated and the maid service was exceptional. The lobby of the hotel was charming with a living area with a nice fireplace and a nice dining area with tables along the windows overlooking the park. Snacks and beverages as well as continental breakfast was provided. There are rooms for every taste and some on the ground level which was important to us. The best part of saying there is the staff, especially Jennifer who catered to our every need and kept us cheerful despite a rainy vacation. Also, Robert Murray, the Manager, who was very helpful upon our arrival and during our stay. We know we are coming back, you should too!

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Noise from nearby train
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2007

What a disappointment! We booked a "getaway special" based off of their website. The pictures were such a misrepresentation!! This place reminded us of an old motel that had been superficially renovated- it is by no means an Inn, as their website would suggest. Our "suite" was merely an oversized room in which a small wet bar had been put in; we were supplied with a duraflame log for the fireplace; and the "two-person soaking tub" was nothing more than a circular shower stall. The people at the front desk were impersonally polite, and when we expressed our disappointment with the room, we were met with a mechanical "We're sorry sir". We were committed to a two night reservation, but left after one night because of how displeased we were. While the room was not terrible, the misleading website and mockingly courteous staff is plenty enough reason to stay away.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank Reviewer1981
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2007

Me and my husband stayed at the Chateau Inn & Suites for our anniversary weekend and I have to say I disagree with the previous reviewer that complained about the staff. We were treated wonderful, both on the phone to ask questions about the rooms and during our stay there.

We stayed in one of the luxury parlors which has its own fireplace, mini fridge and comfortable beds and other great amenities. The only downside was that Spring Lake is really dead during the Winter/beginning Spring season. There's not much to do there, but we were looking for a quiet place to stay so we didn't mind the quiet and peaceful surroundings. They have a nice sitting/lounge area which is nice to sit and have coffee/tea at in the morning or night.

We are definitely planning a trip during the summer (if we can get a room!)

• Liked — Location (2 blocks from NJ Transit stop!!), staff, comfort level
  • Disliked — No entertainment in Spring Lake
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelGurlCheli
Jersey City, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2007

I cannot even begin to tell how disappointed I am with the Chateau.

I called on a Friday morning to make reservations for a one-night stay the following Saturday night. The gentleman that I spoke with said that they were hoping to have a two-night stay (Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday) booked rather than a one-night.

"Call back tonight and we'll know by then whether or not we can just book you for one night," he said. "Okay," I said. "No problem."

I called back at around 8:00 p.m. and explained to the young lady who answered the phone that I was wanting a room for the next night.

"Well, can you call back tomorrow morning at around 9 or 10? We'd like to book this for a two-night stay." I explained that I had called earlier and that I had been instructed to call back at this time for a definitive answer.

"Not sure why he told you that. But if you can call back tomorrow morning, we'll know for sure," she replied.

The next morning I called back at 9:00. The same gentleman I spoke with the day before answered.

"Yes, I was told to call back this morning to book a room for this evening," I explained.

"Yeah, we're trying to book this for a two-night stay," he replied.

"I was told by you yesterday that I needed to call back in the evening, which I did. I was THEN told to call back this morning, which I'm doing now. Can you give me an answer now?"

"No, sir," he said. "We're hoping to book this for a two-night stay. We should know if you call us back later on..."

"Listen," i replied. "I understand about wanting to book for two nights. That's the norm. What I don't understand is why I have called you three times and have received three different answers as to when you'll have a definite answer. I think I'm going to take by business elsewhere."

"Yes, sir. Thank you for calling."

If this is how the Chateau is used to treating their customers, I don't understand how they have gotten to be so popular. They not only lost someone for that night, but I will never again attempt to book a room there. This was not a three-day weekend; I don't understand why they thought someone would call in the middle of the day Saturday to book a room for Saturday and Sunday night.

Bottomline: if you're looking for a great Bed & Breakfast in Spring Lake, look elsewhere. I highly suggest the White Lilac Inn, who was happy to take my reservation (and the stay was absolutely delightful).

• Disliked — The customer service is pathetic.
  • Stayed March 2007
12 Thank sapridyne
chateauinn, General Manager at Chateau Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2007
I can understand your frustration in trying to find a one night stay in Spring Lake. This room had become available from a last minute two night cancellation in which the guests said they may come if the room was not re-rented by Saturday. I planned on calling the guests on Saturday to inform them that the room had not been rented yet for their two night reservation and that they would risk losing their one night deposit. As it turns out the guests did come for their two night stay after all.
It is Chateau policy that when a guest does have to cancel, we do everything possible to rerent the room for all nights reserved as we understand that their deposit is at stake.
Our staff typically will not tell people to call back to check if a room will become available as we have a waitlist for accommodations.
I would love the opportunity to have you stay with us in the future as it would certainly be worth the wait.
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2006

Room was okay, but I didn't get a "Welcome" when we checked in, nor a "thank you" when we left from the front desk!

We were able to tour 11 other Inns in Spring Lake during our stay and all the others were MUCH FRIENDLIER!!! Especially Evergreen Inn and White Lilac Inn, they seem awesome!!

Also the Chateau Inn has a nice "hot chocolate and fireplace" area, but they closed it earlier than advertised.

Spring Lake is a neat area... but when we go back we'll definitely stay at a different Inn.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Next_Getaway
ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2006

Very nice and relaxing. Our room was right next to a gazebo.
The gazebo was very pretty. It was a great place for reading, resting and chatting. also using your laptop. I can,t walt to go
again. The lourge has great cookies and lemonade. I think
they need to update the kid's movie library.

jl, age 7

#6 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Grand Victorian @ Spring Lake
Grand Victorian @ Spring Lake
#8 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!