“Charming, Convenient and Classy”

Chateau Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was a spur of the moment trip, and though we are familiar with the area and live only about an hour away, we decided to schedule a quick overnight getaway during a lull between Christmas and New Years Eve.. We were delighted with the cozy, yet spacious room and atmosphere of the entire Inn, the friendly accommodating staff and the delicious breakfast. We spent quite a bit of time just relaxing by the fire in the inviting common Living Room area. Ideally located near some great local restaurants, 2 blocks from the beach and outlet shopping, the Chateau Inn is a must-visit destination in our book!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn B

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here a few days prior to Christmas, I bought him the gift when he finished graduate school. We had a wonderful stay at the Chateau. Everything from the polite staff, spacious and clean room to the included breakfast and bike rentals made it one of the most relaxing and enjoyable stays I have had anywhere in a long while.

The Chateau is located only a few blocks from the beach and in a really convenient part of the town. When we arrived the owner was very friendly and was extremely helpful in finding us a restaurant to go to that evening. Also, the Chateau was decorated beautifully for Christmas. When we got to our room we were very pleased with how large it was and how clean it was. I often am disappointed when we go away by the cleanliness of places but at the Chateau this was definitely not the case. They take a lot of pride in keeping the entire grounds of the Inn clean.

Our stay included breakfast which was phenomenal. There was a lot to choose from and the pastries they had out were some of the best I ever had. The "lobby" area of the Inn is very welcoming and a wonderful place to sit and enjoy your breakfast.

I would highly recommend the Chateau to anyone who is looking for a relaxing get-a-way close to the beach.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 52, it was a very spacious room with a kitchenette.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I wanted a quiet/relaxing getaway near the holidays to get away from the hectic New York feel! This place was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Beautiful small town with tons of great restaurants, beautiful homes and fantastic christmas lightings. The inn itself was decorated beautifully for the holidays. The common space downstairs is very relaxing and clean. Perfect for playing board games, and have a drink by the fireplace.

Breakfast was fantastic and other snacks are offered during the day. Bike rentals were a great plus. The weather happened to be warm enough and we rode around town for a while and had a great time.

We will definitely be back and would absolutely recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed for a weekend . Room was nice but not quite big enough for a family of 4 and the price was a little steel for a small room. Good for a couple but probably not best for a family. Staff very friendly

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here last night and got married across the street in potter park. I told the staff what we were doing and asked if possible to take pictures by the lobby fireplace. I was warmly greeted congratulated and offered help to arrange the room a bit for my pictures. Also we were offered the use of another room for a short while to take other pictures. The staff was amazing the room we stayed in ( the rathbone ) was beautiful and clean and had a great sitting room and fireplace that came in handy after outside pictures so we could warm ourselves comfortably. Our bathroom was roomy and had a whirlpool tub which I enjoyed after the long cold day. The only thing that I can say I did not care for was the noise... Our room was downstairs and a different wedding party I believe was upstairs so we heard a lot of walking and water running very early but that is not the hotels fault just a downside of being on a lower floor.. On the plus side was we had a nice porch and chairs and the view was looking right at bridal bridge which was all lit up for the holidays and downright beautiful. Loved this place totally recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank angell87
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My friends and I go away a couple of times a year. The friend that made the reservation at the Chateau Inn had recommended the Inn to other people over the years. We were all very excited. My friend's father-in-law was recently placed on hospice. She called the inn 10 days before our intended stay (their policy) they would not allow her to cancel our reservation. She said we would reschedule our trip. They said they would not be able to reserve the room at such a late date. (The inn was full). We decided to go and she would try to join us. She had asked for a room with a king bed, pull out couch and fireplace. When we got there the room was so small you did not dare light the fire. It was no more than 24" from the side of the bed. When you pulled out the couch it blocked the door. We had trouble regulating the heater, I can only assume the thermostat was broken. The window was left open about 6" at the top, and when I tried to close it I found the lock was broken. The lock was caught between the panes of glass and we could not close the window all the way(Not to mention the lack of security ). It took forever for the hot water to heat up and the refrigerator made so much noise we had to cover it with the spare blanket in the room to muffle the noise. All in all I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: For the money you spend on a room at a place like the Chateau, you should make sure that breakfast i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I love to go to Spring Lake after Season... quiet, serene... When we saw the groupon for this Inn, we jumped on it .. We usually stay at the Hewitt Wellington but have now found a new spot. Quiet, Clean, Elegant... friendly staff. My favorite perk was the complimentary bikes... we enjoyed 2 hours of biking up and down the boardwalk and to lunch. Clean rooms, nice decor... very cozy.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor, had a common area with lounge chairs outside.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
#5 of 7 in Spring Lake
The Asbury Hotel
The Asbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!