“Great Weekend Inn!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Morris County, New Jersey
“Great Weekend Inn!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just stayed here for the 2nd time this past weekend. This time with my son and husband.
This is a very nice Inn, rooms are all clean and well kept. Most places at the Jersey shore are a little dingy, even the more expensive ones and the Chateau is definately an exception!
It's also one of the few Inn's that allow children! A pack n play was set up and waiting in my room for us, we got beach badges for the beach and were able to walk into town to shop!
I only wish it was a few blocks closer to the beach! Highly recommend! Very nice rooms!

Room Tip: We stayed in a King room that was across from the main building, had a little porch w/ 2 chairs and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank sf60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I had a great and extremely relaxing stay and felt everything was first rate. It seems that the staff takes pride in the inn - there were beautiful flowers everywhere and a nice amount of cleaning staff cleaning the rooms and the grounds. From the nicely stocked tea/coffee/drinks and cookies, current magazines to browse and well appointed rooms, this is a great place to get away and unwind. The location is fantastic- overlooking the lake and a stones throw away from the beautiful homes in the area. It's very close to the shopping (which we were disappointed with although we didn't come to shop!) and the beach (which is great!). The inn offers beach towels, beach chairs and the ability to use the beach passes for most the day that you're checking out so you can enjoy another day at the beach without having to shell out the $10 per pass. The inn also allows you to come back after you've checked out and shower and change in their bathroom which is in the lobby which I thought was very nice of them. I felt the staff was friendly and warm - like staying with friends. We look forward to returning next year!

Room Tip: I'd avoid staying on the first floor since your outdoor "patio" is on ground level whe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GH6655
New Jersey
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I am between an Average & Very Good rating on this establishment. Not all of the front desk personnel are friendly and welcoming. Something that is SO important in the hospitality world! Checking in was a bit better as far as customer interaction than checking out. We were never thanked for staying or were told to please come back and stay again. I found it "odd."

Upon making the reservation (via phone) I had to ask 3 times for a recommendation on a local restaurant for a celebration. Something I thought would be so easy and a pleasure for them to share with guests.

The room was clean and neat, it would have been great to been given the fireplace log (for the wood burning fireplace) on such a chilly night. We figured out that they provided 1 log but by the time we did it was the next day. Thought we had to bring our own. As usual the hotel photos make the rooms appear much larger than they actually are but it really was a comfortable room. Having the flat screen TV and DVD/CD player was a great plus. The small refrigerator was fabulous to have and the freezer part even worked quite well.

The continental breakfast (which is extra) is really filled with bread type items. Not a place for a girl with a gluten\wheat allergy. We located a place in town that had hot items as well as fresh fruit.

We are not sure we would run here again but it will remain on the list in case we are in the area as a possibility.

Hint: customer service, friendly personnel, and genuine appreciation for patronizing an establishment go a LONG way ~

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ViennaSunflower
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here this weekend as part of a large wedding party. Our rooms were great: clean, comfortable, and charming. The staff was both friendly and professional. I was in charge of a large open house, which we held in the Atlantic Room. I arranged almost everything long distance and found the staff to be on top of the situation every time I called. Whatever I asked for, they provided. There were also lots of great common spaces both inside and outside for family and friends to mingle and congregate.

Room Tip: Every room I saw looked great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank planetterry
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I really enjoy the Chateau....location is nice & rooms are excellent for a spot on the NJ Shore! Have stayed in a bunch of other locations around Spring Lake and the Chateau outshines them all!

Breakfast is only ok....they really should add some type of warm entree. Just lots of bread.... Still like the Chateau and will be back again this summer!

Room Tip: The suites are worth the extra price!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dld8
Joisy
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were here on Memorial Day, had room #1 on the first floor, we thought it had a private balcony but it was a little front porch not much for privacy as we were out on the street side...since it was Mem Day night , it was quiet in town so not a lot of traffic, our room was 2 rooms, the front room had a bar, tv and couch, the 2nd room had a nice bed, dresser closet, and a nice size bathroom and soaking or jacuzzi tub, we didn't use. It was just one night and the room was certainly quiet, but we cracked up when we got there because the building - our side was literally 3 ft from the fire house directly next door, so it's a good thing there were no fires ...or it would have been laughable. It was a quiet night except when someone turned our door knob, good thing it was locked, turned out to be the people next door, they just had the wrong door. But I would stay there again but on the 2nd floor maybe ...not the 1st floor as it's street side and anyone could break in..it was not our fav location and after reading all these reviews, sounds like the rooms are all pretty unique. I thought the interior was really quite nice, and the lobby had Ice tea and lemonade and cookies when we checked in. It was pretty good compared to some ugly hotels I've seen. Decor was that of a B&B. I recommend it. The huge Spring Lake park is across the street but from the 1st floor you couldn't see that lake all you could see is the not so busy road, but a big road non the less, rather stay closer to the water maybe. We went out for breakfast rather than have the cont'l breakfast there. Room was $180/for the night. Parking was in the courtyard so even though it was free, we had to walk thru the lobby out the other side of the lobby onto the sidewalk on the street side to get to our room, If you are the type that likes to see your car from your room, - don't take the 1st floor room. Other guests were quiet, and every one was very nice and professional.

Room Tip: I wish I had looked at several of the rooms while I was there.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank June R
Princeton
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a nice and quiet place to stay in Spring Lake with our 14 month old daughter. We made reservations for a weekday thinking that everything would be quiet and enjoyable for all. Wow - was I wrong. Starting at 11PM, the rooms above us were occupied by a bunch of rowdy teenagers, that were loud and obnoxious and stomping on the floors until 3AM in the morning. We had called the front desk several times throughout the early morning hours to plead for help in settling things down so that we (and our 14 month old daughter) could sleep, but to no avail. So, all said and done, my family got about 3 hours of sleep from 3-6AM, which is when we woke up and checked out. During the check out, the night front desk person apologized and assured me that he would have the Manager call me, but that never happened either.
All said and done, I will NEVER go back to this place. The experience was obviously terrible. Management has no clue what customer service is, how to treat people and certainly how to mitigate events such as the one I experienced during my horrible overnight stay.This type of treatment is not how to attract business and from my exposure to what really goes on at this place, they obviously do not care about good service or reputation. If I wanted an all night party, I would have gone to Seaside Heights.

Room Tip: The only tip I have is to NOT stay at this place. Unless you want to be up until 3AM with parties go...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
#5 of 6 in Spring Lake
The Asbury Hotel
The Asbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!