“Enjoyed my stay.”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Joisy
“Enjoyed my stay.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were here on Memorial Day, had room #1 on the first floor, we thought it had a private balcony but it was a little front porch not much for privacy as we were out on the street side...since it was Mem Day night , it was quiet in town so not a lot of traffic, our room was 2 rooms, the front room had a bar, tv and couch, the 2nd room had a nice bed, dresser closet, and a nice size bathroom and soaking or jacuzzi tub, we didn't use. It was just one night and the room was certainly quiet, but we cracked up when we got there because the building - our side was literally 3 ft from the fire house directly next door, so it's a good thing there were no fires ...or it would have been laughable. It was a quiet night except when someone turned our door knob, good thing it was locked, turned out to be the people next door, they just had the wrong door. But I would stay there again but on the 2nd floor maybe ...not the 1st floor as it's street side and anyone could break in..it was not our fav location and after reading all these reviews, sounds like the rooms are all pretty unique. I thought the interior was really quite nice, and the lobby had Ice tea and lemonade and cookies when we checked in. It was pretty good compared to some ugly hotels I've seen. Decor was that of a B&B. I recommend it. The huge Spring Lake park is across the street but from the 1st floor you couldn't see that lake all you could see is the not so busy road, but a big road non the less, rather stay closer to the water maybe. We went out for breakfast rather than have the cont'l breakfast there. Room was $180/for the night. Parking was in the courtyard so even though it was free, we had to walk thru the lobby out the other side of the lobby onto the sidewalk on the street side to get to our room, If you are the type that likes to see your car from your room, - don't take the 1st floor room. Other guests were quiet, and every one was very nice and professional.

Room Tip: I wish I had looked at several of the rooms while I was there.
1 Thank June R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Princeton
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a nice and quiet place to stay in Spring Lake with our 14 month old daughter. We made reservations for a weekday thinking that everything would be quiet and enjoyable for all. Wow - was I wrong. Starting at 11PM, the rooms above us were occupied by a bunch of rowdy teenagers, that were loud and obnoxious and stomping on the floors until 3AM in the morning. We had called the front desk several times throughout the early morning hours to plead for help in settling things down so that we (and our 14 month old daughter) could sleep, but to no avail. So, all said and done, my family got about 3 hours of sleep from 3-6AM, which is when we woke up and checked out. During the check out, the night front desk person apologized and assured me that he would have the Manager call me, but that never happened either.
All said and done, I will NEVER go back to this place. The experience was obviously terrible. Management has no clue what customer service is, how to treat people and certainly how to mitigate events such as the one I experienced during my horrible overnight stay.This type of treatment is not how to attract business and from my exposure to what really goes on at this place, they obviously do not care about good service or reputation. If I wanted an all night party, I would have gone to Seaside Heights.

Room Tip: The only tip I have is to NOT stay at this place. Unless you want to be up until 3AM with parties go...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank davidjhammer
Mahwah, N.J.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were one of two couples spending a night at the Chateau. It is a very comfortable inn with a friendly staff and an excellent breakfast. Our room was not fancy but clean and pleasant. we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Huntington, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I meet my college room-mate here every year and the place could not be more accommodating, comfortable and luxurious at a reasonable price. The Chateau has the feel of elegance, but the structure fits in with the traditional architecture of this lovely town. There are many courtyards, porches, and a park with a gazebo across the way to sit and visit or relax. The Spring Lake is also across the way with nice walking paths. You can rent bicycles to go around if you come by train. The train station is less than a block away.
The breakfast is lovely and if you are an early riser the coffee is on for you.
The town has the most beautiful homes to walk, or bike, or drive, around; a lovely downtown with great shops to browse and great choices of restaurants.

Room Tip: You can see the rooms on the website and they will upgrade you without asking, if there is a room av...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I always wanted to visit the "Irish Riviera" and finally had an opportunity to travel there recently. The Inn was extremely well maintained and comfortable. The room was very clean and the front desk always ready to help.
The breakfast menu provided many choices for any palate.
I would recommend the Chateau Inn & Suites without hesitation.

North Central Jersey
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Chateau is a very nice place to stay while in Spring Lake. It is not overly pretentious and the rooms are all comfortable and spacious. It is an old building so you get the normal 'uneven' spots here and there, but the staff is very attentive and they pay attention to detail. Fortunately, we had a Spring special package which offset the cost, but if you have the cash, this is a great place to stay.
Parking can be a hassle, but the overflow is located a 100 ft away at the train station which is located close by. If you want a room, get one that is not on the street as those are the nosiest.
The town does not allow overnight street parking so get a spot on site quickly or be ready to park at the train station.
The Chateau is located on the south end of the lake so you are a few blocks away from the beach. It is a great walk and you do not have to worry about parking. You are a few blocks away from town so this place is situated nicely whatever you fancy may be.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not on the street are quieter. Parking is a hassle.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Chateau Inn and Suites in Spring Lake, NJ about 8 separate times! It is one block from the beach and some rooms look over the beautiful lake. In the winter the rooms with the fireplaces are cozy and unique. The soaking tubs in each room are gigantic and luxurious. The housekeeping staff are friendly and efficient. The Inn puts out all Aveda products which is a nice touch. There is a light breakfast offered every morning. Who's on Main nearby is an old diner that also serves a hot breakfast and Harrigan's Restaurant 4 mins away has wonderful food and great service. Beautiful old hotel with class, elegance, but also a warmth and a feeling like you are a guest in someone's home. I highly recommend this Inn to anyone who wants a relaxing romantic getaway! Not recommended for families with children.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and it's fun to choose a different room each visit. Ask for a description w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake
White Lilac Inn
White Lilac Inn
#2 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!