“Wonderful Inn”

Chateau Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Chateau Inn in Spring Lake. The staff was accommodating and made you feel comfortable. We did not like being away from the main building so I asked to be moved and they immediately told me that it was no problem. There was coffee, tea and snack all day untill late evenning, which I think was just great. I simply loved sitting by the big fireplace listening to soft music and reading. Our room #21 was clean and the marbled bathroom was huge and lovely. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank Sjobity
There are newer reviews for Chateau Inn & Suites

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I thought it was a Bed & Breakfast when I booked it on the spur of the moment. We stayed in one of the Classic Suites which was rather roomy, but very dark. Everything was brown and black (from all the furniture, rugs, comforter, and blinds). Heating units were insufficient (filters were dirty) but hubby figured out how the baseboard heating worked, then the rooms were comfy. Bed was horribly hard. We got a continental breakfast on Monday (weekend you have to pay) but it was nothing to jump up and down for. Better than your average hotel stay but not a B&B.

3  Thank ilovecomputergames
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I found Chateau Inn & Suites online when my husband and I needed a place to stay one night for a funeral. Our room was upgraded to a suite which was lovely. The living room had a large flat screen tv, a fireplace, as well as plenty of seating. The bedroom had a second flat screen tv and a small kitchenette. The bathroom was small, but clean and nicley appointed. Also included was a continental breakfast, which was quite substantial, and was served in a beautiful windowed sunroom with a fireplace. We stayed there off-season (February) and they offered us a funeral rate that was even lower than the off-seaon rate. They were very accomodating and we would like to go back again in warmer weather when we can stay longer.

1  Thank Pam M
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Chateau this past weekend. It is a beautiful place--the downstairs area is lovely to sit in and have a cup of coffee or glass of wine. The room was a little small but really large enough for an overnight stay. The bathroom was quite spacious. All the staff members were quite helpful. I would say that the rooms are not very sound proof but it really was not a problem. I would love to go back when the weather is warmer and we can actually enjoy walking around town. It was so cold this past weekend! I highly recommend staying here!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MbsunnangelNJ
Reviewed January 29, 2013

When my sister was visiting from England in early January, we planned an overnight getaway to the Chateau in Spring Lake. What a lovely time we had, and what a great choice. The inn is both elegant and inviting. From the warmth of the fireplace in the lounge to the warmth of the manager, Robert, who gave us a tour of parts of the inn as well as its history, we could not have been made to feel more welcomed. The rooms were lovely, many with individual porches or balconies, and the decor beautiful.
The continental breakfast was excellent with fresh coffee, tea, scones, croissants, jam, yogurt and so forth. The town of Spring Lake is an easy walk with lovely shops and the ocean is nearby.
This is a place of peace and serenity and a lovely respite from a busy daily life and world. I can hardly wait to return and bring my husband!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I first stayed at the Chateau, a quaint Victorian property, in 1997, for our anniversary, and have returned to celebrate every winter since. The rooms are wonderful... large, immaculate, very pretty, with fireplace (and log), wet bar, refrigerator, and soaking tub (I think in most, if not all rooms and suites). The entire staff are super - We look forward to seeing Laurie & Robert who always welcome us with 'Happy Anniversary'... a very welcome personal touch. They go above & beyond with their service... example... the year we were snowed in they offered us additional logs for the fireplace and also offered to help us dig out. Enjoy the breakfast, afternoon cookies, continuous coffee/tea, soft music in the common room. Then enjoy walking through the lovely town of Spring Lake and the restaurants it has to offer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank traveler3179
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Several of my family members, my husband and I attended a family wedding in Spring Lake, NJ this past weekend. Wanting to be near the venue, we searched high and low for a place we thought would be good for all of us and found the Chateau. From calling to make reservations in a three way conversation to the moment we arrived, we were treated with respect and professionalism. The rooms were very nice, clean and well appointed. There is a "common" room in the main building that has a continuous fire in the fireplace (at least while we were there), coffee and tea available all day and a continental breakfast for $5.99 in the morning! I beleive they have a full restaurant in the summer months, but this was perfect for us. I would highly recommend the Inn to anyone - the little town of Spring Lake is beautiful, well kept, on the ocean - just a graet place to visit! Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: They all looked very nice - some are a little smaller than others - my brother stayed in a room that...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park
Spring Lake Inn
Spring Lake Inn
#3 of 7 in Spring Lake

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!