WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Chateau Inn & Suites

Chateau Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“"Wonderful sister or friend getaway"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

When my sister was visiting from England in early January, we planned an overnight getaway to the Chateau in Spring Lake. What a lovely time we had, and what a great choice. The inn is both elegant and inviting. From the warmth of the fireplace in the lounge to the warmth of the manager, Robert, who gave us a tour of parts of the inn as well as its history, we could not have been made to feel more welcomed. The rooms were lovely, many with individual porches or balconies, and the decor beautiful.
The continental breakfast was excellent with fresh coffee, tea, scones, croissants, jam, yogurt and so forth. The town of Spring Lake is an easy walk with lovely shops and the ocean is nearby.
This is a place of peace and serenity and a lovely respite from a busy daily life and world. I can hardly wait to return and bring my husband!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Linden, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I first stayed at the Chateau, a quaint Victorian property, in 1997, for our anniversary, and have returned to celebrate every winter since. The rooms are wonderful... large, immaculate, very pretty, with fireplace (and log), wet bar, refrigerator, and soaking tub (I think in most, if not all rooms and suites). The entire staff are super - We look forward to seeing Laurie & Robert who always welcome us with 'Happy Anniversary'... a very welcome personal touch. They go above & beyond with their service... example... the year we were snowed in they offered us additional logs for the fireplace and also offered to help us dig out. Enjoy the breakfast, afternoon cookies, continuous coffee/tea, soft music in the common room. Then enjoy walking through the lovely town of Spring Lake and the restaurants it has to offer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank traveler3179
Saratoga Springs, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Several of my family members, my husband and I attended a family wedding in Spring Lake, NJ this past weekend. Wanting to be near the venue, we searched high and low for a place we thought would be good for all of us and found the Chateau. From calling to make reservations in a three way conversation to the moment we arrived, we were treated with respect and professionalism. The rooms were very nice, clean and well appointed. There is a "common" room in the main building that has a continuous fire in the fireplace (at least while we were there), coffee and tea available all day and a continental breakfast for $5.99 in the morning! I beleive they have a full restaurant in the summer months, but this was perfect for us. I would highly recommend the Inn to anyone - the little town of Spring Lake is beautiful, well kept, on the ocean - just a graet place to visit! Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: They all looked very nice - some are a little smaller than others - my brother stayed in a room that...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carney47
East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff and General Manager at this hotel are by far the worst that I have ever dealt with. I had booked a stay for 2 nights for my wedding as well as 15-20 of my guests. Due to hurricane Sandy they did not have power and could not accomodate our reservation. They also had the rooms filled with people who had been evacuated localy. Not only did they refuse to refund anyone-they were extremely nasty and rude and would not take anyones phone calls regarding the issue. They decided that they would send everyone a gift certificate for the deposit amount that you had paid. Everyone should have received a refund for the deposit amoubt. NO one, including me or my husband, would ever go there again after the way that my guests and I were treated. DO NOT spend your money here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank TravelNJ83
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I found this gem a few years ago and we always look for an excuse to come back! I even brought my niece here to celebrate her 21st birthday last year. This time we had the Luxury Parlor and we loved it. Nice large room with a fireplace that we used each night. A refrigerator and a wet bar which came in handy. Nicole, at the front desk, is so helpful and friendly.......we look forward to seeing her when we visit here. Also, the Inn is centrally located to many, many great restaurants in the area. We were here for the weekend just before Christmas and now can't wait to go back in warmer weather.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Chateau on New Year's Day. We chose the Luxury Parlor room which was spacious and included a fireplace with a Duraflame log, sofa, and a wet bar with mini-refrigerator/freezer. The room was comfortable and quiet. It was tucked into a corner of the inn with entrance to an outdoor hallway. There were 3 doorways that practically opened into each other which gave the room character and made us quite friendly with those in neighboring rooms as we ran into them coming and going. The bed was comfortable and the room was warm. Breakfast the next day was a little hectic - we must have hit the busy time at 8am. We grabbed tea and bagels and headed back to our room. Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful. The Inn is in a great location. It's an easy walk into the little town and across to the lake. It is only a few blocks from the beach as well. We were in town for a funeral and were very happy with the location near the Catholic church and restaurants in the area.
The only downsides were the parking and the tub/shower. If you don't snag a spot in the small lot on the property, you will have to park a few blocks away. As for the shower/tub, it is very deep and may be difficult for some to get in and out of easily. We didn't have an issue, but I made a note of this feature for my parents who were interested in staying in Spring Lake this summer. They would not be able to climb in and out of the tub in order to shower. If that is an issue for you, check that out with reservations before booking your room. Overall, it was a lovely stay in a quaint old inn near the beach. Spring Lake is a wonderful town. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Ask about the tub/shower in the room. In the Luxury Parlor, it was a very deep soaking tub with a sh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Chateau is adorable... Victorian and romantic... Located close to the water in the heart of charming Spring Lake, NJ. Parking is a little bit tight but not too bad. Also, they have a breakfast that is complementary but not really publicized too much so make sure to take advantage of that. This is a great "non-chain" property.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
#6 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Spring Lake Inn
Spring Lake Inn
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!