“Wonderful visit in January!”

Chateau Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Saratoga Springs, NY
“Wonderful visit in January!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Several of my family members, my husband and I attended a family wedding in Spring Lake, NJ this past weekend. Wanting to be near the venue, we searched high and low for a place we thought would be good for all of us and found the Chateau. From calling to make reservations in a three way conversation to the moment we arrived, we were treated with respect and professionalism. The rooms were very nice, clean and well appointed. There is a "common" room in the main building that has a continuous fire in the fireplace (at least while we were there), coffee and tea available all day and a continental breakfast for $5.99 in the morning! I beleive they have a full restaurant in the summer months, but this was perfect for us. I would highly recommend the Inn to anyone - the little town of Spring Lake is beautiful, well kept, on the ocean - just a graet place to visit! Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: They all looked very nice - some are a little smaller than others - my brother stayed in a room that...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carney47

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff and General Manager at this hotel are by far the worst that I have ever dealt with. I had booked a stay for 2 nights for my wedding as well as 15-20 of my guests. Due to hurricane Sandy they did not have power and could not accomodate our reservation. They also had the rooms filled with people who had been evacuated localy. Not only did they refuse to refund anyone-they were extremely nasty and rude and would not take anyones phone calls regarding the issue. They decided that they would send everyone a gift certificate for the deposit amount that you had paid. Everyone should have received a refund for the deposit amoubt. NO one, including me or my husband, would ever go there again after the way that my guests and I were treated. DO NOT spend your money here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank TravelNJ83
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I found this gem a few years ago and we always look for an excuse to come back! I even brought my niece here to celebrate her 21st birthday last year. This time we had the Luxury Parlor and we loved it. Nice large room with a fireplace that we used each night. A refrigerator and a wet bar which came in handy. Nicole, at the front desk, is so helpful and friendly.......we look forward to seeing her when we visit here. Also, the Inn is centrally located to many, many great restaurants in the area. We were here for the weekend just before Christmas and now can't wait to go back in warmer weather.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Chateau on New Year's Day. We chose the Luxury Parlor room which was spacious and included a fireplace with a Duraflame log, sofa, and a wet bar with mini-refrigerator/freezer. The room was comfortable and quiet. It was tucked into a corner of the inn with entrance to an outdoor hallway. There were 3 doorways that practically opened into each other which gave the room character and made us quite friendly with those in neighboring rooms as we ran into them coming and going. The bed was comfortable and the room was warm. Breakfast the next day was a little hectic - we must have hit the busy time at 8am. We grabbed tea and bagels and headed back to our room. Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful. The Inn is in a great location. It's an easy walk into the little town and across to the lake. It is only a few blocks from the beach as well. We were in town for a funeral and were very happy with the location near the Catholic church and restaurants in the area.
The only downsides were the parking and the tub/shower. If you don't snag a spot in the small lot on the property, you will have to park a few blocks away. As for the shower/tub, it is very deep and may be difficult for some to get in and out of easily. We didn't have an issue, but I made a note of this feature for my parents who were interested in staying in Spring Lake this summer. They would not be able to climb in and out of the tub in order to shower. If that is an issue for you, check that out with reservations before booking your room. Overall, it was a lovely stay in a quaint old inn near the beach. Spring Lake is a wonderful town. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Ask about the tub/shower in the room. In the Luxury Parlor, it was a very deep soaking tub with a sh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Chateau is adorable... Victorian and romantic... Located close to the water in the heart of charming Spring Lake, NJ. Parking is a little bit tight but not too bad. Also, they have a breakfast that is complementary but not really publicized too much so make sure to take advantage of that. This is a great "non-chain" property.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I enjoyed the stay at the Chaeau Inn very much! The staff was very friendly and the room was lovely and very comfortable! It is centrally located just a short nice walk to the beach, the train station and the shops! The town is beautiful and a delight to walk about. Always a fresh pot of coffee and hot water for tea ready in the lobby and continental breakfast is lovely! A definate gem and recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Richboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a great deal from Travel Zoo and got a beautiful suite for a discounted rate. The town of Spring Lake is breathtaking . (Unfortunately , we were there before Sandy's devastation,so
I can not attest to how they fared) The accomadations were lovely, and clean,and the bed was firm and comfortable. We also got a great complementary continental breakfast.
My only critisism was the patios and balconies all had to overlook the parking lot so no real views to speak of ,due to the geographic location of the building . Bikes are availble to the guests to see the town , and the beach is about 4 blocks away. Spring lake is truly beautiful.
We loved our stay , but again we did not pay full rates and I haven't compared rates to any other lodgings in the town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake
White Lilac Inn
White Lilac Inn
#2 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!