WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Richboro, Pennsylvania
“off season gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a great deal from Travel Zoo and got a beautiful suite for a discounted rate. The town of Spring Lake is breathtaking . (Unfortunately , we were there before Sandy's devastation,so
I can not attest to how they fared) The accomadations were lovely, and clean,and the bed was firm and comfortable. We also got a great complementary continental breakfast.
My only critisism was the patios and balconies all had to overlook the parking lot so no real views to speak of ,due to the geographic location of the building . Bikes are availble to the guests to see the town , and the beach is about 4 blocks away. Spring lake is truly beautiful.
We loved our stay , but again we did not pay full rates and I haven't compared rates to any other lodgings in the town.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The staff was pleasant and accommodating to requests. The room was clean. Price was right. Looking forward to our next visit! Conveniently located to mid-town and the very pretty lake. The free bike rental with our package was a bonus.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went alone at the end of October. Lovely drive from the Philadelphia area and l/2 the time to the southern shoreline. I too, took a Travel Zoo deal. Had never been to Spring Lake. WOW...very impressive. I loved the 5 blocks walking toward the beach. The homes are wonderful to look at. The town is adorable. The Chateau offered me a small, yet completely efficient room in the second building in the "attic". Wonderfully appointed and clean. LOVED that tub and took total advantage. EVERY hotel should offer small refrigerators. It was a treat to happen upon the cookies, coffee and thirst quenchers upon arrival. The hotel staff were knowledgeable and helpful to me. I happened upon a 78 degree Sunday and Monday with only small, white and puffy clouds. It was a GLORIOUS weekend and the beach/boardwalk was a real treat. I ate at St. Stephens Green Publick House and that was also good. Took my book to the beach and in the tub. LOVED IT!! Will be back with husband and/or friends.

Room Tip: I heard no noise from other guests. The train is close enough to hear; it didn't really bother...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Chateau Inn & Suites. The hosts were very accommodating and you felt welcomed from the start. The Inn is well appointed, quiet and a perfect getaway location. The bikes provided were great for a wonderful ride on the boardwalk. The continental breakfast was tasty and plentiful.

PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at Chateau Inn using a Travel Zoo deal and went for my wife's birthday. October was a beautiful time to visit. The leaf colors were at peak, the weather was perfect and the location in Spring Lake was very quaint. The Chateau Inn is lovely. Our room was tastefully decorated and the king-size was very comfortable. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable regarding local things to do and places to eat. We went to St. Stephen's Publick House (an Irish pub) that was very good and had live music. The continental breakfast was fresh and satisfying (except the bagels). You can rent a bicycle for $5 per day. The area is quite flat so the riding is easy. The beach was 5 blocks away with easy parking (something you won't find in the summer) and the boardwalk was long and flat to ride, run or walk with the ocean on one side and beautiful homes on the other. We would have awarded 5 circles, but felt there were some downsides that are due to the Inn's location and property limitations. These are that the NJ Transit station is a 1/2 block away, so you hear every train as it pulls into and out of the station; there is not enough parking on the Inn property for all guests, so overflow parking is at the railroad station lot; and the Inn is located on a somewhat busy street (Warren Ave). On the whole, we enjoyed our stay.

Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I tried this location after purchasing a Travel Zoo deal. I had never been to Spring Lake.
Upon arrival I had a fantastic greeting. There were cookies and beverages in the dinning area. I stayed in a nice suite on the ground floor. It was very clean and nicely appointed. having a jaccuzzi in my room was heavenly. I discovered the on button wasn't working as it should, AFTER I got in. Luckily I was able to get it going! Fantastic LUXURY!

I enjoyed having a bike with me throughout my stay to ride the boards and see the sights. Lovely town to peddle around!

There were some down sides. The first surprise was that it is located next to a firehouse, FYI. There were no alarms so it wasn't a big deal for me.

Next, I was so excited to be on my mini adventure. Somehow it got by me that NO CARS can be parked on the street between 3 and 6 AM. My room was on the other side of the Inn parking, so I moved my car for easier access. I've never been anywhere that has a parking rule such as this one. So yes, there was a ticket. Lesson learned. I did not see the sign on the way into town. I did see the no parking sign on my side of the street. ( yet cars were parked there at times, without tickets.) There are obvious parking spots across the street with no warning signs. As much as I thought the location was very beautiful the town clearly comes with issues.

Additionally, no picnic's on these beaches. No easy food on the boardwalk. It seems like a town not interested in what we used to call "shoebies". The economy there must be just fine. Anyway...

I agree about the comment regarding the breakfast. This came with my deal. It was disappointing. There was no fresh fruit. The pastry was nice to look at but was cold from the fridge. Though it looked great it was not very tasty. The decaf was so WEAK! The friendly outgoing greeting did not exstend through when new staff came on board.

There was one VERY delicious exception. The BAGELS and the spreads were excellent.

So, when it was good it was very good! Then there were the bumps.

Room Tip: Try not to be facing the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Mgitsme
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We booked our suite at Chateau Inn & Suites the night before our arrival. We were pleasantly surprised at how lovely the accommodations were. We had a corner unit with a balcony, fireplace, king size bed, large soaking tub, two televisions, wet bar and microwave. Everything was well appointed. The attention to detail was perfect, right down to the cozy bathrobes, q-tips in the bathroom, and fresh coffee and lemonade everyday in the parlor. The breakfast was delicious too, We had a great time exploring Spring Lake and the beach on our bicycles. What a lovely place to visit. This is the perfect getaway, will recommend this place to everyone we know. Cannot wait to go back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spring Lake
#5 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Spring Lake Inn
Spring Lake Inn
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!