“Perfect Stay!”

Chateau Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Chateau Inn & Suites. The hosts were very accommodating and you felt welcomed from the start. The Inn is well appointed, quiet and a perfect getaway location. The bikes provided were great for a wonderful ride on the boardwalk. The continental breakfast was tasty and plentiful.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at Chateau Inn using a Travel Zoo deal and went for my wife's birthday. October was a beautiful time to visit. The leaf colors were at peak, the weather was perfect and the location in Spring Lake was very quaint. The Chateau Inn is lovely. Our room was tastefully decorated and the king-size was very comfortable. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable regarding local things to do and places to eat. We went to St. Stephen's Publick House (an Irish pub) that was very good and had live music. The continental breakfast was fresh and satisfying (except the bagels). You can rent a bicycle for $5 per day. The area is quite flat so the riding is easy. The beach was 5 blocks away with easy parking (something you won't find in the summer) and the boardwalk was long and flat to ride, run or walk with the ocean on one side and beautiful homes on the other. We would have awarded 5 circles, but felt there were some downsides that are due to the Inn's location and property limitations. These are that the NJ Transit station is a 1/2 block away, so you hear every train as it pulls into and out of the station; there is not enough parking on the Inn property for all guests, so overflow parking is at the railroad station lot; and the Inn is located on a somewhat busy street (Warren Ave). On the whole, we enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I tried this location after purchasing a Travel Zoo deal. I had never been to Spring Lake.
Upon arrival I had a fantastic greeting. There were cookies and beverages in the dinning area. I stayed in a nice suite on the ground floor. It was very clean and nicely appointed. having a jaccuzzi in my room was heavenly. I discovered the on button wasn't working as it should, AFTER I got in. Luckily I was able to get it going! Fantastic LUXURY!

I enjoyed having a bike with me throughout my stay to ride the boards and see the sights. Lovely town to peddle around!

There were some down sides. The first surprise was that it is located next to a firehouse, FYI. There were no alarms so it wasn't a big deal for me.

Next, I was so excited to be on my mini adventure. Somehow it got by me that NO CARS can be parked on the street between 3 and 6 AM. My room was on the other side of the Inn parking, so I moved my car for easier access. I've never been anywhere that has a parking rule such as this one. So yes, there was a ticket. Lesson learned. I did not see the sign on the way into town. I did see the no parking sign on my side of the street. ( yet cars were parked there at times, without tickets.) There are obvious parking spots across the street with no warning signs. As much as I thought the location was very beautiful the town clearly comes with issues.

Additionally, no picnic's on these beaches. No easy food on the boardwalk. It seems like a town not interested in what we used to call "shoebies". The economy there must be just fine. Anyway...

I agree about the comment regarding the breakfast. This came with my deal. It was disappointing. There was no fresh fruit. The pastry was nice to look at but was cold from the fridge. Though it looked great it was not very tasty. The decaf was so WEAK! The friendly outgoing greeting did not exstend through when new staff came on board.

There was one VERY delicious exception. The BAGELS and the spreads were excellent.

So, when it was good it was very good! Then there were the bumps.

Room Tip: Try not to be facing the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Mgitsme
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We booked our suite at Chateau Inn & Suites the night before our arrival. We were pleasantly surprised at how lovely the accommodations were. We had a corner unit with a balcony, fireplace, king size bed, large soaking tub, two televisions, wet bar and microwave. Everything was well appointed. The attention to detail was perfect, right down to the cozy bathrobes, q-tips in the bathroom, and fresh coffee and lemonade everyday in the parlor. The breakfast was delicious too, We had a great time exploring Spring Lake and the beach on our bicycles. What a lovely place to visit. This is the perfect getaway, will recommend this place to everyone we know. Cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Inn is situated on a lovely block with great views of the lake. It's approximately 4 long blocks to the beach with wonderful houses to look at on the way. I would recommend the Chateau to people of all ages. There are many good to excellent restaurants nearby and for the young in heart some fantastic Irish pups.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Spring Lake is a lovely town. The Chateau Inn & Suites is a wonderful place to stay. It faces a lake surrounded by gardens. The Inn is very charming & the staff is very accomodating. They offer free bikes & a hearty breakfast. It's little hike to the beach but if you don't mind walking I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bafowkes
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our room did not look the ones shown on their website. The decor looked old and, in fact, the sheet on our bed had a tear in it. When we entered the room it had a strong disinfectant smell. The air conditioner made so much noise that we had to turn it off so we could fall asleep. The bathroom was pretty and clean. I felt like spending more time in there than in the darkish, dreary room. The customer service at the front desk was very friendly and accomodating but there were other issues that I have with this Inn. They say they have dvd's for your watching enjoyment but they don't tell you that you have to pay $5 to watch them and most are so old you could probably catch them on regular tv. The refreshments that are offered during the stay consist of some coffee that has been sitting on the burners so long that it smells horribly burnt. I noticed some small muffins but the cookies looked like they came from a package. I took one look at the continental breakfast that you must pay $5.99 for and decided I would rather eat somewhere else. Yes, they offer bikes for you to ride around town, but again, you are charged for everything. We just didn't feel this Inn was a good value for what you are charged. The town is charming and the beach was beautiful!

Room Tip: We stayed in a double-double on the ground floor. Also, they don't have adequate parking for th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
The Asbury Hotel
The Asbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!