“great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
passaic
“great place to stay”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Beautiful rooms, very helpful and polite staff who really went out of their way to provide what we needed, very comfortable beds, very clean, great Jacuzzi, beautiful setting. Extras included books to read, board games to play and a nice selection of DVDs. Very reasonably priced. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank debbie r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My wife, my 1 year old daughter, and I stayed for two nights at the Chateau Inn and Suites for a quiet family getaway. The Inn and surrounding grounds are beautiful. We stayed in a kitchenette with one king bed. The room was a bit small, but the kitchenette made it so much easier with our daughter. We were able to prepare her food without having to work out of the suitcase! The staff was helpful and our room was exceptionally clean. My wife and I were looking for a quiet weekend getaway and that is exactly what we had. The weather was a bit cool, but beautiful. We took our daughter to the park across the street at Spring Lake and enjoyed the spectacular views. What a great place to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle. The shops on Third Avenue are quaint, but it is only 3 short blocks so it doesn't take that long to go through. The shops and boardwalk are very close to the hotel, a short 10 minute walk. Ocean Grove also has a strip of very quaint shops, which is a 15 minute drive north and Point Pleasant boardwalk with more bustle is a 15 minute drive south. Overall, we love the area and picked the perfect hotel; quaint, beautiful neighborhood, perfect location, clean, reasonably priced, and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Samuel2006
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My sister booked us two rooms for St. Patrick's day without checking other rating sites. I don't mind trying new places, especially for just one night. Upon our arrival we found both rooms (ground floor) to smell BADLY of mold, though her's was much worse. She changed rooms but had to pay the upgrade for a suite. I didn't want to spend more so I figured I'd suffer through it for the one night. We dropped off our bags and went out for the day, returning at about 10pm. We started finding ants throughout the kitchen and bath areas and on the table in the living area in both rooms. My sister even had ants on the ceiling in her bedroom. Too late at night to do anything. In the morning, after a disgusting sleep, we informed the "manager" of the problems to which he quipped, "Sorry about that" and tossed me my receipt. Seems he had our money and couldn't care less. I'm sure that there are rooms (second floor, maybe) that aren't completely infested with ants but I expected more concern from the manager. We put our bags in trash bags on the way home and upon arriving threw in a towel soaked with ant spray for several hours before bringing them inside the house. Also, the walls are paper thin here. We had a suite and could hear the people in the next room talking on the phone. BTW, beware of 5 ratings here as many places use down time and staff to boost ratings they know are falling. (check their Google ratings) Talked to other guests in the morning and NOBODY was overly happy with the place. There are many other great places in Spring Lake and I advise using one of them instead. So now at least you've been forewarned.

Room Tip: Stay on second/third floor rooms only. Owners should think about getting a new manager as the curre...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
21 Thank daviddscott
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at the Chateau Inn & Suites Jan 24-26. We decided on the Luxury Parlor because of the big soaking bath. This very nice establishment is tucked away on a quiet residential street. Check in was smooth and the front desk personnel were extremely nice. The room was clean and ultra comfortable and the soaking bath is indeed large enough to accommodate two people. Although the Chateau Inn & Suites is clearly an older establishment, please know that the rooms are very modern with all the amenenties of any hotel. There are several wonderful local restaurants, but we chose to eat in. Most of the eating establishments deliver frequently to the inn so they come right to your door. I would highly recommend the Chateau Inn & Suites for a romantice couples getaway.

Room Tip: The Luxury Parlor was a great room because of the wonderfully relaxing soaking tub for two.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gwendolyn S
ny
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Had the greatest most relazing time here. Went for the weekend for out "babymoom". The inn is beautiful, clean and extremly romantic. We spent our days siteseeing the beautiful area and even drove to atlantic city a short trip from the inn. The rooms were amamzing. The bed was so comfortable, the fireplace and jacuzzi tub were just what we needed. The wet bar and sitting room were great as well. The inn was quiet!! Didnt hear anything if we were in our room. Also the balcony over looking lake was great and the furniture outside was great. They even provided robes and aveda bath products. They have coffee, drinks and snacks available for no cost. We did not eat breakfast there but heard it was wonderful. Even the area had great places to eat. We will def be going back again many time :)

Room Tip: get the king 1bedroom suite.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I am so glad that I stumbled upon the Chateau Inn while web searching. The weekday promotion was truly a gift for someone who needed a respite from the hustle and bustle of NYC, wanted to stay close to the beach and had to stay within a budget. This facility is truly a hybrid- a nice B&B and a small upscale hotel all rolled up into one.
First- Robert was wonderful on the phone... after he told me about the promotional deal and what the price included (probable upgrade to a parlor, continental bkfst) he ended our conversation with "We look forward to meeting you!" I felt welcomed at "hello!"
Second- I checked in and the ladies at the front desk were courteous, helpful and welcoming.
Third- My room was OVER THE TOP wonderful... my very own working fireplace with duraflame log waiting to be lit, granite top wet bar, big Sony flatscreen with DVD player, free WiFi, marble bathroom with deep soaking tub, and tastefully decorated all around (the leather couch was very comfortable). I slept very well in my very comfy King Size four poster bed! I usually bring my own pillow when I travel, but the pillows in the room were perfect! Sometimes, pics on websites make a room look better than in real life... but not here; it was actually NICER than what I expected.
Fourth- The weather was unseasonably warm for February, so I asked about renting a bike... not only did Nicole assist me with the bike, she went over and above to help map out a safe bike route. In fact, we discussed how long it would take to bike up to Asbury Park from Spring Lake and she said another guest did it in 2 1/2 hours round trip. I playfully said... "I will break that record!"; in fact, it really only took about 90 minutes round trip. The roads were flat, wide enough with passing cars, and a decent view of the beach while riding.
Lastly- At check out, everything was simple, courteous and quick. I will definitely be back!!

I had a 5-Star experience! I can't think of one thing that was lacking!! Enjoy my pics...

Room Tip: The "Stockton Parlor" was perfect... if you don't mind walking up to the 2nd floor; it...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Salem, South Carolina
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My second vist to the Chateau Inn with my family and the ambiance and charm remains as always just wonderful. The Essex / Sussex palor rooms at the rear of the property offer a nice warm homey touch with fireplace and garden tubs. The deck area just outside these suites is perfect for sitting and watching the world go by. I feel right at home here and love the staff and complimentary breakfast and hot chocolates in the evening. Always a pleasure to come back to Spring Lake and the Chateau!

Room Tip: Essex & Sussex Palor Suites are my favorites.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!