“Great place for a Jersey Shore escape”

Chateau Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great place for a Jersey Shore escape”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Really enjoyed our off season overnight. One night stay, friendly staff, and fire places in the room. Just a few blocks from a pristine beach and an hour from new York. We plan to visit again.

1 Thank Spikeitup13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 29, 2011

My husband and I were looking for an inexpensive place to stay for one night before heading into NYC for the day. We booked the Queen Deluxe room and were pleasantly surprised! The room was beautiful, modern, clean, and the fire in the fireplace added a nice, romantic touch. And the shower was nice and hot with a good, strong spray.

The evening coffee/cookie service hit the spot after our chilly evening walk on the beach, and breakfast the next morning was nice as well. We especially appreciated the oatmeal packets and dried fruit mix-ins. So much nicer than the typical store-bought pastry continental breakfast hotel fare.

Although it was too cold for us to take advantage, there are some beautiful common deck areas on the 2nd and 3rd floors. We could visualize going out there to watch the sunrise over the lake on summer mornings.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

The only thing that keeps this from a 5-star review is that the room was very small - reminiscent of NYC hotel room sizes. I'm guessing that would only be a problem if you're booking a longer stay. But for a couple nights, it's not an issue. And the other rooms may be larger. I don't know.

Our room was on the 3rd floor and there was no elevator. Not a problem for us, but you might want to ask if this is a concern for you.

This was a pleasant "find" for our spontaneous one-night get-away. We'll definitely be back!

1 Thank asauerwalt020
Lambertville, New Jersey
Reviewed March 26, 2011

My friend and I stayed overnight and couldn't have been happier with the accomodations, price and amenities. The front desk staff were efficient and very helpful. Our spacious room was furnished beautifully and immaculately clean. The mattresses, pillows and bedding were high quality and incredibly comfortable. A beautiful Continental breakfast was included in their lovely dining room off the Lobby. DVD's are available off-season at no extra charge. The Inn is just a few blocks from the beach, park and center of town. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I was in town for work and stayed here for 2 nights. Off-season rates are crazy affordable and I had a luxury suite for $139 - huge soaking tub, extremely comfortable king bed and separate sitting room with second tv and big leather sofa. Wish it had been warmer outside so I could have enjoyed the balcony off my room!

The common area downstairs always had coffee, tea, lemonade and water, the breakfast was delicious and cookies in the afternoon were nice when I needed a "pick me up". Great wifi access throughout the areas of the hotel I used.

The staff was SO friendly - always available if I had a question, housekeeping has apparently mastered the art of invisibility - they slipped in and tidied my room without me ever knowing. :o)

I'm a loyal Hilton guest but this was a unique place to call home base while in town and I'd stay there again in a heart beat! This property has a lot of character and very much felt like "home" to me.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LimpingHiker
Phila, PA
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I had found this hotel after searching for a romantic getaway place that had both a fireplace & jacuzzi in the guest rooms. I wanted the Luxury Suite but due to me waiting too long to book the room we were only able to to get a Traditional King. Getting there from Philadelphia was very easy. Check in was quick & the staff was very nice. The room, although not what I wanted for a romantic getaway, was VERY nice, The decor was warm & contemporary yet sophisticated & elegant. The toiletries are Aveda which was very impressive. Although there is no restaurant at the hotel, they can provide you with many options for either delivery or restaurants to drive or walk to. It's located right across the street from the park which has a beautiful lake & bridges. Two blocks away is 3rd St which is so quaint & has all kinds of shops. I highly recommend Who's on Third! We had lunch there & it was fantastic! They roast their own turkey breast & make their own corned beef & pastrami. So fresh & so delicious! The beach is four blocks from the hotel & provides a beautiful scenic walk. We had dinner at La Dolce Vita which is directly across the street from the beach in Belmar. Although a bit noisy & the food under-seasoned, we really liked this place as well. At one point we had returned to the hotel to change & our room was being cleaned. We were able to go downstairs into the lounge to sit & relax & enjoy the cookies & refreshments they put out all day for guests. The whole area was beautiful & was a refreshing change from the "Jersey shore" we're both used to. We cannot wait to go back & we'll absolutely stay at the Chateau again!

Berlin, New Jersey
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Stayed down in Spring Lake while looking at wedding venues and the Inn caught my eye on TripAdvisor.

Overall, a fantastic hidden gem at the jersey. Reminded me of the Victorian hotels of Cape May with the modern amenities of a new hotel (flat screen HDTV, jacuzzi tub, etc)

The staff was extraordinarily helpful and accommodating. A neat little feature (I would love to see more hotels do this) They had the menus for area restaurants in the lobby. Made scoping out for a place to eat a breeze.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2010

My husband and I came here for a Thanksgiving get away. The initial pricing was fair for 3 nights and I read all the reviews thoroughly and decided to give it a try. We asked for Deluxe Queen and the Romantic package which was to contain a bottle of Moet, roses, continental breakfast and personalized occasion cards.
We got there about 7pm and was given a room with 2 "Queen" size beds, kitchenette and bath. We where upgraded to this room and though nice(kitchenette could use a cleaning as utensils needed a wash) , the beds where so uncomfortable and the Queen beds seemed like full size beds. We had such an awful nights rest that we had to upgrade our upgrade and asked for a king size bed.
The next morning I called and asked that we be upgraded and was told that there was a luxury parlor available due to cancellation at 199.00 a night! I went online and saw that the price range for this weekend for this room was for 149-179! I told to this Robert, the manager and he said that the website was not "updated", yet after showing us the room he said he would "discount" the room to 179.00. The room was nice yet the bed, (king size) was just as uncomfortable as the "Queen". If you like hard beds then you will not have a problem yet my back is still hurting.
For my romantic package we entered the room to find a bottle of Korbel Brut instead of Moet & Chandon. I called Robert and asked what happened and he said that they ran out of the Moet and gave me a equally valued Champagne. That was surprising to me as the day before I spoke to Susan before our arrival who stated she was ordering the items for my package and needed to do so a day in advance. Never did she mention that the champagne would not be available. Also there are at least 3 liquor stores within a mile of the inn which could have easily delivered a bottle of the Moet to the inn. This was so disappointing. We ended up giving the bottle of Korbel (15.00 dollar value) back to the Chateau who refunded 30.00 back from the 89.00 value of the "Romantic Package" which was paid.
The continental breakfast is just that, cereal, muffins and yogurt. The teas and coffees are good. The lobby area is nice and the fireplace is nice as well. However, we would not stay here again. Spring lake is beautiful and we will definitely come back yet stay at another inn.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!