Payments made by partners impact the order of prices displayed and, for featured or sponsored sort orders, partners’ payments may also influence the order of the accommodations listed.
All reviews front porch memorial day weekend spring lake area other guests victorian nj beach
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We did not know what to expect when booking a vacation with 2 childrens 5 and 2 years of age. Walden on the Pond was the perfect choice a truly 'kid' friendly place to stay. The lodging is top notch and cleanliness a top priority. There's a wonderful duck pond in the back where the children looked forward to each morning going out there and feeding the ducks. A memory they will have for a very long time. The staff was friendly and accomodating to all of our needs. The location is perfect a 2 minute ride to the beach and 10 minutes to mini golf and the Point Pleasant attractions. We spent several hours in the town of Spring Lake which was just terrific. Wonderful shops and nice restaurants.

Date of stay: August 2010
2  Thank cookie10706
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Our Family recently gathered for a few days at Walden on the Pond in Spring Lake, NJ! What a Find!!! Fabulous!!!! It is actually "on the pond" where you sit back & relax , read or just watch Ducks and Swans swim up to visit! It is So Beautiful and Relaxing! The innkeeper is lovely & sooooo accommodating! The atmosphere is so relaxed and great for everyone (including families with children). & the Porch is Wonderful!
- Easy Walk to Train, 4 blks to the Beach, and some local restaurants.
- We stayed in the large guest House - complete with a sitting room w/TV , a Dining Room and Kitchen.
- All the rooms are Charming and very Clean! Surrender yourself to Walden on the Pond! You will feel like rested and rejuvenated - body & soul!

Date of stay: July 2010
1  Thank DDTrails
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We were celebrating my dad's 75th birthday this past weekend and my brother came up with the idea to do it at Walden on the Pond. Some of us are in NYC, others in NJ and PA, so this seemed centrally located. I was reluctant at first, because I don't drive and I know that Spring Lake isn't very pedestrian-friendly. But I got there on a Friday night and all my doubts dissolved. Everyone was SO NICE! I was the first one there—without a car—and so Denise found me a place within walking distance to have dinner. She was lovely and helpful the entire weekend.

My room was small, but cute, and we had our own bathroom. The rest of my family was staying in the two-bedroom apartment, which was awesome. It had a huge kitchen and living room, and plenty of space for two people in each room and one on the sofa. We had the party out in the adorable yard, amongst the ducks and swans.

Ronna, the owner, was so accommodating. There had been a mix-up with the dates and she was completely understanding about it. One of the couples in our party asked, last-minute if there was a room for them and their infant, and she found them one. (Most places in Spring Lake won't deal with kids under 14.) The house is cute and within walking distance to the beach—it's a tiny bit of a hike, but unless you're disabled, it's doable with ease.

Date of stay: June 2010
3  Thank Sunny_in_BK
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My daughter got married on Sept 25th, 2009. We stayed at the Walden on Pond from Sept 24th 27th. The proprietor, Ronna could not have been more acccomadating and friendly. She was always available for any purpose and seemed to be around for everyones needs. Although, she is very low profile, she seemed to magically appear just when you wanted to ask her something. Although I am not a coffee drinker. The rest of the extended family is and they raved about the coffee. Fresh all the time! Snacks, fruits, bagels, cereal met us everymoring. The decor was victorian friendly. Friends and family stated that felt like it was home (only better!).

Date of stay: September 2009
4  Thank ananabNEWYORK
Reviewed September 2, 2009

My friends and i were faced with an emergency situation w/ this past weekend's hurricane, and we needed an place to relocate. After making many calls, Ronna @ Walden on the Pond was the ONLY one who was sympathetic to our needs and offered to help. The B & B was beautiful, warm , comfortable - the staff was excellent and kind- hearted. Couldn't ask for anything more.. This is the place to go for genuine hospitality! ( BTW; we never heard any train either! ??)

Date of stay: August 2009