The Ocean House
Walden on the Pond(Spring Lake)
$158
Hewitt Wellington(Spring Lake)(Great Value!)
$129
$154
Doolan's(Spring Lake)
$100
  • Breakfast included
Spring Lake Inn(Spring Lake)(Great Value!)
$159
Travelocity
Atlantic Inn & Suites(Wall Township)
$85
$69
$79
Economy Inn(Wall Township)
$69
$59
White Lilac Inn(Spring Lake)
TripAdvisor
Normandy Inn(Spring Lake)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswrap around porchthe jersey shorebeach chairs and umbrellashome away from homeglass of winecomfortable staybreakfast burritoget awayafternoon cookiesa great place to relaxlong weekendwe've stayedeach morningfew blocksoff seasonbeautiful townthird floor
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We have stayed at other B&B Inns in this area and we thought this was fine for a weekend getaway

On the plus side: 1) B&B is one block from the beach, and since the closest entrance to the beach is several blocks from the Spring Lake's Pavillion, it is less crowded on the beach when you sit down and relas. 2) Helpful owners. 3) Walking distance to downtown area

In terms of things to consider: 1) There are limited parking spaces, but overnight parking is only one block away; 2) Bathroom needs upgrading - water pressure was low - but everything was very clean; 3) Would be nice if they extended the breakfast hour which is only from 9-10 a.m.

BTW, regarding comments from the previous reviewer, the rental bikes are old, but they do have lots of them. I can understand whey the owners don't want them used after 6 p.m. as there are no lights, no reflectors.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My husband and I wanted to escape our busy Manhattan lives for the 4th of July weekend. I had visited Spring Lake before and loved the town and the beaches for it's quiet beauty. That said, we were very disappointed in this hotel. In general, we have pretty high standards in hotels, our favorites have been The Giraffe, in NYC, and The Bucuti in Aruba, so you have an idea what we like. To say the rooms were old and outdated is an understatement. The bathroom was disgusting and I felt dirty showering in it. The bed was old and creaky and barely fit my 6 ft husband. The room was dank and decorated so untastefully, we felt like we were staying in a retirement home. These things can be a matter of taste, so, here's what was actually wrong. There was no parking for us! I was told they had "11" spots, and it was first come first serve. What a joke! We drove all the way from NYC, and after a long drive, the last thing we wanted to deal with was finding a parking spot. On vacation?? Really?? Never again. If you are a hotel, with no parking which is insane, you should offer Valet. We paid $275 per night, which should have included parking!! Second, we were told that there was "wireless internet" that worked in all the rooms. I specifically asked if the wireless worked in the room we had reserved and I was told YES. Needless to say, it did not work and the front desk didn't seem too concerned that we were lied to. Hmm. The last thing that was wrong (although i could go on) is that we were told we could use the bicycles ANY time we wanted. On the fourth of July we had made plans to take the bikes and ride two towns over to watch the fireworks on Bradley Beach. As we were getting the bikes ready to go, the owner stopped by in his van and TOLD us "NOT TO USE THE BIKES". I felt like I was being scolded by my father! He said we can't use them after 6pm, and he said "long story, don't ask" how RUDE!! It didn't state anywhere in any of the "rules" that we had to use the bikes before 6pm, so again, we were liked to. In conclusion, we will not be going back, and I don't recommend that you do.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cookie212
Reviewed June 6, 2009

I now live in Houston and the Gulf doesn't cut it for me. I'm originally a "Jersey Girl", so I really missed the Atlantic. I heard about Spring Lake and the Ocean House. It was fantastic! Well worth the trip. It has so many amenities. The hot buffet breakfasts were yum. We loved sitting on the porch and chatting with the owners', Dennis and Nancy. Check out their website www.oceanhouse.net to see all that's offered.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2009

The Ocean House is one block from the beach and a couple of blocks from town. But, if you just want to hang out in beautiful surroundings and just chill out, you never have to leave the front porch.

The staff is like family and the breakfast is planned with something for everyone besides being delicious.

We try to do long weekends as often as possible in the Spring, Summer and Fall.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2009

My husband and I went to the Ocean House to enjoy going back to an old fashioned Christmas. The hotel was decorated so beautiful, many Christmas trees decorated throughout the house. There were home baked Christmas cookies, a mulled cider that was fabulous. This event is not to be missed and puts you in the real Christmas spirit.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple