“A wonderful experience at this Bed and Breakfast”
Review of The Ocean House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spring Lake
The Ocean House
Ranked #1 of 8 Spring Lake B&B and Inns
Gainesville, Virginia
“A wonderful experience at this Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were attending a wedding in Spring Lake, NJ in Sept. The Bride recommended The Ocean House. It was a perfect place to meet and greet the wedding guests. The wrap around porch was a gathering place in the evening. It allowed new relationships to be formed and reignited old relationships. The House is beautifully appointed and feels like home. We could not have asked for a better Host, Jared. He was more than accommodating. Thank You. Breakfast buffet is served each morning and included in the cost, wonderful selections to start the day. The House was also walking distance to the center of Town. It was also centrally located to the Church. A short walk to the Beach and down the Board walk to an array of wonderful restaurants. Thanks to all who made us feel so welcome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We just stayed for a wedding weekend at the Ocean House:) everything was perfect! It's a true bed and breakfast and we just couldn't have been more pleased. Planning a trip back with the whole family. If you get a chance to go give Penny a hug from me:)

• Stayed October 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've made it an annual trip to spend a weekend at the Ocean House in Spring Lake. The House is beautiful (I love the porch), the staff is very welcoming and the beach is stunning. I look forward to the trip every year!

Beyond being welcoming, the staff is generous too! The owners let me borrow a rare and valuable book from their library because I was unable to finish it during my stay. It was such a wonderful gesture!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Old Bridge
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This August was our first getaway to the Ocean House and we were very impressed. It is conveniently located a block from both the beach and the lake. The staff goes above and beyond to accommodate their guests. The innkeepers Jared and Colleen made us feel very welcome and treated us like family. Kristen welcomed us with a tour of the house and amenities. She went out of her way to make us feel very comfortable. We loved the beauty of the house and relaxing on the wraparound porch is wonderful. Our room was neat, clean and beautifully decorated. The breakfast buffet had a bountiful variety of food and was delicious. We are anxious to go back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Co. Clare
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed here recently for a family wedding and have to say that the place was absolutely wonderful! The property was very quaint with a beautiful porch which was perfect for chatting with friends and indeed for making new friends. The owners and staff were at all times polite and as helpful as they could be. I would truly love to return some day in the future. And Jared, if you're ever on the west coast of Ireland and are looking for some decent surf spots, look me up! I might even put you up also!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tralee, Co. Kerry. Ireland
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed four nights for a family wedding and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The biggest attraction to us was the homeliness of the place. The staff were all unfailingly polite and helpful as well. Sitting out at night on the porch with a glass of wine and good friends and good chat was a highlight of our stay. Enjoyed the breakfasts with a good variety of food served up. Would love to go back again in the future sometime.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The actual B&B is super cute and nice. A perfect location...one block or so from the beach. great porch....cute rooms (reminds me of my grandmother's house from like 20 years ago though) but still cute!

(My husband and I chose this place bcs our favorite B&B was sold out, and one of the reasons we picked ocean house was bcs they had bikes...which we absolutely love having in spring lake)

The ONLY problem we had was with the owner. He informed us one morning that we can't take the bikes out once it's dark due to insurance reasons (we never had that problem anywhere else) but we were like, OK. So later that day after the beach we went out to get a bike, but they were all chained up. It was 630p. I had to ask the girl inside to let us have the bikes, and she agreed. As we were about to ride away...the owner comes out SCREAMING "hello!! hello!!" and we were like, what? and he was like "I told you that you can't have the bikes out at night" and we said " hello it's 630...it gets dark at 830...we'll have them back" and he continued to go on AGAIN and lecture us about having the bikes back. I was SO annoyed with him.
I felt like a little kid, like who does he think he's talking to?
A similar incident happened the next day but I don't need to go into detail. You get my point. He also scolded us for coming in the house with too much sand on our feet. He treated us like kids. I would never go back...just based solely on his attitude.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple