“Joy at the Jersey Shore” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ocean House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spring Lake
The Ocean House
Ranked #1 of 8 Spring Lake B&B and Inns
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Joy at the Jersey Shore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was part of the 32-person meeting/retreat last week at Ocean House. It was a wonderful experience, with homey rooms, excellent (A++) service, and good food. Every request was met with a smile and a helpful response. Someone was always available and eager to provide assistance for all our needs. Of course, it didn’t hurt that Ocean House was about a block and a half from the ocean. Early mornings on the boardwalk with the surf below were delightful.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
HOLLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was part of a business group that filled the Ocean House. In addition to the excellent food and room, what I especially appreciated was the staff's effort to accommodate our needs at every turn (to alter their room set up, arrange for a screen to be brought in and out, and just generally to do everything they could to support our purposes). Plus I love that grand wrap-around porch--what a great place for breakout conversations!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was one of the organizers of a 32-person business meeting at this location. When I met with one of the owners -- Jared -- in February, he walked me through the entire bed and breakfast, showing me each room and helping me and my fellow organizers decide where we could have meetings. He could not have been more professional and welcoming. Between February and June, we contacted him many times with questions and he was always incredibly helpful. When we arrived in June, we immediately felt that we were in good hands, from the excellent food, the beautiful rooms, and especially the friendly and warm service. We spent much of our time meeting in the breakfast room, which he completely rearranged for us as well as in the lovely parlor. The wrap-around porch was especially welcoming and relaxing. The bedrooms are all beautifully decorated with their own bathrooms (a plus at a b&b!) and there is a variety of suites, king bedrooms, and more modest and inexpensive rooms. All seem to be good value for this very popular resort town. While I was here on business, I look forward to coming back here for a relaxing holiday. It is just steps from the ocean and a short walk into town.

1 Thank Catherine W
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I couldn't have been more pleased with the quaint charm, friendly and warm service, terrific food, and wonderful location of this lovely B&B. Everyone there made us feel so welcome, and I felt comfortable immediately. My room was clean and spacious and had oodles of charm. I loved how modern conveniences were integrated so subtly and effectively (for example, my windows opened easily). A temporarily misplaced room key (my fault!) was quickly replaced, a room change (to provide an older meeting attendee a first-floor room) was not a problem, and Jared even knew my name (which with 32 people attending was an impressive feat, I thought)! I hope to return to the Ocean House one day.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I organized a work meeting/retreat at the Ocean House for 32 people last week. Jared and Nancy were fabulous in attending to our every need every step of the way, including accommodating special dietary needs and varying levels of physical ability, dealing with a film crew we needed for one of our meeting days, helping us arrange for ground transportation for our whole group, helping us set up a special dinner off the premises, and even going out to pick up food for two of our attendees. They were professional and competent, yet they also made us feel at home, and everyone in our group was treated well. I felt as if I were visiting relatives. The food was DELICIOUS! The location was lovely--a minute's walk from a really gorgeous beach with a brand-new boardwalk. The rooms are adorable! We will be back.

Sea Girt, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I send every business colleague and relative to the Ocean House and get nothing but top notch service at a reasonable price. I cannot stand when someone like the previous reviewer slams a place without ever staying there and what don't you get about someone's mom going to hospital??? Like how you added - hope she's OK-sounds like you don't care about anyone but yourself!!!! What an arrogant self-serving monologue by a bitter person!!!

We prefer nasty complainers stay away - keep your attitude and money away from the Jersey Shore - although you do sound like such a genuine altruistic person - just kidding!!!

I had a baby shower, wedding shower and numerous friends and relatives stay there - always with fantastic service!!! Why don't you stay at a place before bashing???

If you would like to discuss let me know! My name is Pete!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ocean, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had my daughter's baby shower at The Ocean House on 5/19/13. Everyone had a wonderful time in this cozy atmosphere. It felt like we were at home. My family and friends raved about it! Jared is so helpful and Nancy is a fantastic chef. The food was fabulous. Just a really fun place to host an event.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
#5 of 6 in Spring Lake
White Lilac Inn
White Lilac Inn
#2 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to The Ocean House? Share your experiences!