“Lovely and relaxing”
Review of The Ocean House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spring Lake
The Ocean House
Ranked #1 of 7 Spring Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am not a "beach person" at all, but I have stayed here twice and enjoyed my time at the beach both times. There is a great porch where you can sip your morning coffee, read your book or enjoy an evening cocktail or glass of wine (byob). You need only walk a short distance to arrive at the boardwalk and ocean going one direction or at the lake and town in the other direction. If you would like a dinner recommendation, your hosts will undoubtedly find you something to suit your tastes. I look forward to visiting again!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Whenever I travel I prefer to stay at a B&B, I love the personal service, and from my first phone call to my parting goodbyes The Ocean House did not disappoint.
I had called last minute to make a reservation for a midweek two night getaway before summer slipped away. The staff could not have been more accomodating, finding rooms in my price range for my sister, her daughter and myself. We stayed in a classic queen and a single room, both rooms were neat, clean and cozy. The beds were comfortable and the inn was very quiet.
Of course the fantastic porch was our meeting place. When we were not on the beach we so enjoyed relaxing there. I was happy to learn the coffee was available early and all day along with other beverages and sweet treats.
I found breakfast delicious, ample and very satisfying with something for everyone.
The location of The Ocean House can not be better, one block from the beach and a short walk to the town and the lake. The availability of bikes, sand chairs and towels came in handy as well as the use of a refrigerator.
I did not find the limited parking at the inn bothersome, I was already aware of the parking restrictions from prior visits to Spring Lake.
All in all my visit to The Ocean House exceeded my expectations. I would like to thank a very thorough and hard working Jared as well as the entire staff for making us feel so welcomed. We look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank meok626
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I, along with another couple, spent a long weekend at this very special place in Spring Lake---one of the prettiest towns in America. With it's magnificent front porch, with wicker couches for everyone, located just one block from the boardwalk along the ocean, it's hard to imagine a better B & B anywhere. That's why we keep coming back, as do most of the other guests. Dennis and Nancy, along with Jared and Penny (the sweet chocolate lab), make you feel so at home you don't want to leave. The rooms are cozy and quaint (and very quiet). Breakfast is a smorgasbord that differs daily--- fresh fruits, muffins, bagels, eggs, burritos, waffles, pancakes, juices and coffee---something for everyone. During the day, there is lemonade, water, coffee and tea available.There are bikes, beach chairs, umbrellas and towels for guests to borrow. For dinner we dined in town at three really terrific restaurants, walking to each one. This is truly a special place to getaway from it all. A long weekend away easily felt like a week's vacation for us all. We cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: The Ocean House website gives great pictures of most rooms--- we have loved each one we have stayed...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cmahls
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I must say this is truly a "bed and breakfast." This is in no way a "hotel" if that is what someone is looking for. it is well decorated and the owners were very nice and constantly keeping up with things. Breakfast was good - not great, but completely fine. We are early risers so we had to wait for breakfast which was ok because they had plenty of coffee ready to go nice and early. The room was a typical bed and breakfast. Small for two queen size beds but adequate. it was clean and we had access to everything. It is a close walk to the beach and we had use of chairs and umbrellas. The porch is beautiful and comfortable to sit on (you could seriously sit there all day). We liked that there were afternoon snacks and fresh lemon water in the dining room all day for us to take and there was bottled water available all day also. They have a refrigerator for guests to use in the main dining area. The only con I would say is the price! All of the bed and breakfasts at the jersey shore have gotten sooooo outrageously priced that it really is hard to stay there with a family of 4 for more than a few days. All prices are based on double occupancy so it the room is $275.00 a night plus tax that is NOT including the kids. They are ANOTHER 50.00 each. Room price now with tax and all extras mid 400.00 range AT LEAST per night! This is a lot of money for a family to spluge on when the room is small, there are only ac units in the room, and of course no elevator (which is typical for bed and breakfasts, but it is still a pain to walk up and down with all luggage to the 3rd floor). ALL of this being said, it is a VERY NICE place to stay if you can spend the money. You can't beat the atmosphere, the cleanliness and convenience of The Ocean House. I think they they are right on par as far as pricing goes with all other lodging options in the area, so I guess it is just me thinking that all the prices are high b/c the Jersey shore has become so popular in recent years. We would most likely stay there again if with the expense!

Room Tip: Ask for a room maybe on the second floor. We are pretty in shape people and the 3rd floor was still...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My youngest daughter and I arrived at the Ocean House on Tuesday, and spent three days and 331 steps from the beach. Jared and staff knew exactly how to make the most of this trip for us - from breakfast to ice cream recommendations- everything was beyond my expectation. The inn was immaculate, the staff incredibly accomodating, and all of their guests were delightful. It was as if I was staying with extended family - lots of great food, great company and attention. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: 336 steps from the beach - one block!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The photo on trip advisor says it all. The Ocean House is truly that beautiful. We stopped counting the times we've stayed there over the years. We are avid travellers and The Ocean House feels like home. If you are looking for friendly, classy, down to earth Innkeepers and staff, spotless accommodations, terrific breakfasts, an incredible location, and a quiet, restful vacation, The Ocean House is the place to go. It is the perfect place for a romantic weekend as well as the perfect place for ladies weekend. There are tons of things to do (or not) and if you need a recommendation for dinner, they always know where to send you whether you are looking for fine dining or a quick bite to eat. The grounds are beautifully maintained and, as everyone has mentioned, the porch (the perfect place to sip a glass of wine). We look forward to tweaking in one more trip! Even if you can't make it during the warm weather, The Christmas tour is quite lovely. Check it out for yourself! We highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I went to The Ocean House to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We wanted a B&B but were worried about it feeling like we were in someone's house, as we prefer to keep to ourselves. The Ocean House was a great choice because they have a large number of rooms and our room felt very private. It was located in the annex, not the main house, but I think it was large enough that we would have felt comfortable in the main house as well. Though the huge house has an old victorian feel, our room was updated and clean. Breakfast was delicious and it was awesome that they had bikes to borrow for a ride around town, as well as beach chairs and towels. We loved the huge fridge to use during our stay and the complimentary drinks (lemon water & iced coffee were my favorites!) available any time in the dining room. I did wish that the bathroom was updated, it looked old and the shower wasn't very comfortable. The mattress also left something to be desired. We stayed in a premium queen room. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay. The location was great, we could walk to the beach, the town, and the lake, as well as a variety of great restaurants. We didn't take the car out once!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple