“50/50”

Whispers Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Whispers Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Spring Lake
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Transit: Spring Lake stop on the Jersey Shore Line.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband really enjoyed this restaurant. I myself was a bit disappointed. I really enjoyed the butter salad and the crab cake appetizer. I order the filet mignon. I was very disappointed. It was the chef speciality, but I found it to be a bit bland, somewhat tough, and not warm enough. My husband had the salmon and it was delicious. The atmosphere was lovely and had a good RI index. The service was wonderful and the people that worked there were very nice.
I would definitely come back, but would not order the beef ): For the prices, I expected something much more flavorful.

1  Thank njfamily_12

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were terribly disappointed with our dinner at Whispers and can't help but wonder where all of the good reviews came from. When we arrived, the hostess attempted to sit us directly next to a table of four. The tables are together. We didn't know these people, why would we want to sit with them? We were then seated next to the kitchen door. Everyone that came in and out, bumped into my chair. Not a great first impression.
The service was rushed and confused. Alot of people running around, it was a shame noone was helping the "Chef". The food had absolutely no taste. I had Chilean Sea Bass that had the texture of rubber. Simply awefull. Tasted like it was frozen and warmed up in a microwave.
We were very disappointed. For the money we spent we expected a comfortable table, tasty food and good service. We didn't get any. There are plenty of great restraunts at the shore. Avoid this one!

2  Thank lovestogoout2014
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had reservations for two. They seat us by the kitchen with a curtain on one side of the table to block the kitchen. We had to sit right next to each other, not across. Then we find out when leaving the restaurant, there was another room available with plenty of seating.

The appetizers were excellent. For the main course, we both had the Chilean Sea bass. It was was very chewy. Chilean Sea bass is supposed to flak off when cut. It was either previous frozen or well past its’ prime.

How can this restaurant be rated number two in all of Spring Lake?? For the price we paid, it was highway robbery. I'm mad at myself for not sending the food back and asking for another table. Felt like we got #2 on!

2  Thank John U
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a super restaurant directly across from the ocean in Spring Lake. The food is excellant as is the atmosphere. Dine in or out on the porch overlooking the ocean.

1  Thank runrobrun
Reviewed March 3, 2014

lovely little restaurant. Food was amazing. Service was attentive and knowledgeable. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Lefflerlj